Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
amish nudist

some time ago I posted a question about Mormon nudists, islumlic nudists, budists nudists. I wnder if there are any amish nudists?

Re: amish nudist

Probably not. Did I respond to your other post about the Mormon that I corresponded with for a few years about nude hiking?

Why is it so wierd for a person that is a member of the LDS faith to be comfortable nude? I enjou my nude time.

Well, the obvious answer is how most non-Mormons have the wrong ideas about them, no matter how well-informed they think they are. It is true that some practices are a little curious, like the temple garments, but no more so than most other religious denominations.

But what is one of the most interesting things about Mormons, as well as many other new or "newly-arrived" denominations, is that they all have to go through a difficult period of acceptance and even so, often never quite achieve full acceptance as a normal religion. It's part of the whole last-one-in syndrome. The first ones on the block take the moral high ground, in a manner of speaking, and everyone else has to conform or remain an outsider. It probably started with Roman Catholics. Catholicism was only legal in, I think, two of the colonies. The other colonies had literal state churches and after the constitution was adopted, all the churches went through the mill, trying to find themselves. The Shakers were among those who had to deal with sometimes violent objections to their practices and it was even worse for Mormons, Hutterites, Amish and Mennonites. These days, the people who face the most criticism are non-Christian religions, including Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims. Jews have had their share of troubles, too.

Nudity is relative. I don't have any Amish relatives though I do have a Mormon niece.
I'm remembering the Movie Witness where there was a scene between the character John Book and Rachael Lapp involving nudity. That's not to say that an Amish would avoid being nude in any circumstance -- nor even to suggest that there might be some who might sanction it in some opportunity.
I did date a Mennonite girl in my senior year of high school. We never took our relationship to too intimate a level -- I was not that knowledgeable at the time -- but Shirley seemed like a normal girl.
So, in spite of any certainty, I feel that there could be some God-fearing Amish people who could maintain their religion and accept, if not a nudist lifestyle, a moment of nudity with another one.

some time ago I did discover the mormans do have a nudist web page, I found the web page was interesting. Thy are mostly just like the rest of us. There is some concern about the church elders learning about their nudity so the thy to stay under the radar.