Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A new story? An old story? No, it's a finally finished story!

Hi everyone,

Well it's finally finished. At long last I finally finished "Out of the Mouths of Babes". I know, I know, you can't believe it. But it's out there on the My Stories page. Please check it out.

Thanks so much!

Sunny

Re: A new story? An old story? No, it's a finally finished story!

Sunny:
Keeping (or bringing) our lifestyle out in the open is important. I'm a barefooter and sometimes that's difficult for friends to accept even though it is easier for me to be more public about that than being naked would be. Nevertheless, it can be just as difficult to discuss why a person likes to go barefooted as it is to explain why they like to socialize nude sometimes.
I want to re-read your update again, and get back to the group. I do think that it is important for us to be ready to justify our rationale to all those people who can't see why we even want to.
Thank you for your website -- and for this latest update!

Well, well, Sunny, you kept us in suspense for 12 years!
But you are exactly right that the additional time to reflect, to see how the story plays out, has been a positive, not a negative.

You and Brian are quite a team! You both did an excellent job explaining why a Christian family can benefit from household nudity and yes, even social nudity.

Weighing the blessing of enjoying our freedom in Christ versus the risk of being misunderstood is a 2,000 year-old debate, going all the way back to the Apostle Paul's essay on "whether it is wise to eat meat that was sacrificed to idols" or to refrain from eating meat because someone might misunderstand your freedom to eat it.

You explained so articulately how beneficial it is to live out the truth of the goodness of the human body. Saying that nudity is good, but never being nude (in the right setting) is a huge mistake. Remember the words of James in the epistle bearing his name?
But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. (James 2:18)

Putting our faith into action, whenever possible is crucial.

And we should not be judged by how someone reacts to our testimony (whether by word or deed).
It took a long time for me to process the wisdom that my parents and friends shared with me regarding good nudity. Only God sees all things, only God knows the outcome of all things. Trust in Him!

Thanks for sharing these charming vignettes from your family life. Blessings to each and every one of you!

Sunny, thank you so much for the update. Bravo for the way you and Brian handled the situation. I think it may have been harder at the time to explain naturism to Brian parents because it was so much out of left field for them. My wife and I have had many conversations of this type with friends and family but I think it normally goes a little smoother because we introduce the topic of naturism more gradually and talk about it more abstractly first. I think that unexpected nude pictures would be quite a shock for most non-naturists, and probably spark a stronger emotional reaction. I do think it is important for naturists to be prepared at any moment to answer questions calmly from individuals that are having a strong emotional response from learning about naturism for the first time. I think I have had only one instance of someone having a strong emotional response after learning about naturist preferences through the grapevine.

SunnyDay
Hi everyone,

Well it\'s finally finished. At long last I finally finished \"Out of the Mouths of Babes\". I know, I know, you can\'t believe it. But it\'s out there on the My Stories page. Please check it out.

Thanks so much!

Sunny
Thanks, Sunny Day, for the long-awaited update. Worth the wait.

You have much more courage than me in how you discussed this. If something like that ever happened with my family, especially unplanned, it would end horribly. Kids can do unplanned things without trying to hurt and those things can make life much worse. Probably I shouldn't say more on that.

Many men have "reluctant spouse" issues. My husband is SO grateful I came along with him to the beach, though it was horribly difficult for me, and I nearly broke up with him when I first found out he was going to the beach with mutual friends.

"Family opposition" issues can be as bad if not worse.

So glad you finally decided to finish this. This may be the longest cliffhanger in history. Glad the outcome was not too acrimonious.

Thank you very much for finishing the story. It was wonderful. I’m glad things went the way they did and as you say, “love won out”

Thank you for finishing the story. I sometimes wonder what came of it. Wow! Glad your in-laws are not out-laws because of this.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your responses and encouragement. It felt good to be writing again and even better to have finished something I'd started so long ago.

Sunny