Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
movie

I could be wrong but I think Sunny's stories of her journey would make a great indie film. Anyone else?

Re: movie

Victor:

All this information about how any of us got to the point of accepting nudity without becoming offended at the idea of someone feeling comfortable in mixed company undressed, always makes a good story, but, here's a thought. My wife likes audio books because she can be doing something else while "reading" one. I dislike 'em because sometimes the narrator isn't reading at my preferred comprehension speed. Some text I want to gloss over and some subjects I like to spend time on, even backtrack.

Additionally, different minds have different preferences for "listening" and where some of us like to "see" what happens, some like to "feel" or to "hear" how an event took place.

I appreciate the idea that a story line might be better understood in a movie where the characters show their temperament, etc, but ideally, only a conversation with the author will allow understanding thoroughly.

Whenever you're telling a friend your experiences, you get to explain more fully if a point is not well taken -- if a misconception needs to be justified, clarified further.

Movies are pretty good teaching tools, but I liked reading about her transition into how she accepted the lifestyle.

I have read scripts in English class, always wishing I could see the play being performed, so I agree that her (and our) experiences would be great viewing, but satisfactory reading, too. I need to sleep on this. I'll get back to you.

On a side note...

Back in my college day I wrote a short story. It was about two non-nudist sisters who inherited a nudist resort from their estranged father. "Shenanigans ensue" with the two sisters reluctantly finding themselves immersed in nudist culture...and eventually deciding to get naked and embrace owning a nudist resort rather than selling it.

And then I saw "Act Naturally"...and I was like: "HOW?!"

Obviously it's a funny coincidence since I never shared my manuscript. And the themes explored are pretty popular in old "nudisploitation movies." Still; I was quite surprised lol!!

Victor has a good idea - BUT:

Could someone identify SunnyDay (not her real name) from the events described? Could it inadvertently invade her family's privacy? For me, that makes it a non-starter.

I prefer to read at my own pace, return to another page if necessary, and even re-read the book (some I have read several times). I like to visualise the scene rather than having it shown to me.

There's also the danger of having the movie taken out of context, 're-edited' and misused.

Sorry, I have to give the idea a thumbs-down.

My principle objection to making a film about the lives of any one of us would be the singular focus on the issue of nudity in one's life.

I am a Christian (first and foremost), an amateur student of nature, an outdoorsman, and, from my perspective, someone who lives life to the fullest, enjoying friends, family and a plethora of hobbies and pastimes. How could a story primarily about our experience with good nudity be told in such a way that we don't become cartoon cutouts of the whole person? I do not wish to minimize the value I place in the practice of good nudity and the philosophy behind it, but there's more to me than that. There's more to all of us than that!

Outdoor nudity plays a huge role in enhancing my connection with nature, yet I would be hard-pressed to write about this for a general audience. I think that some film makers have succeeded with this, particularly in depicting "tribal nudity" as part of a life in harmony with nature. It would be another matter altogether to depict nudity as a facet of a return to nature in a person raised in western civilization. The character of John Dunbar in the film Dances with Wolves does present this process with decency in his skinny dipping scene. But films involving nudity in nature don't always take the high road, to put it mildly.

Learning to develop comfort in my own skin played a key role in my overall maturation. And thus it weighed heavily in my stories for this audience, but in a broader audience, the context may be lost or misconstrued.

Sunny did a masterful job weaving in her everyday life into the story of her journey with good nudity.

I won't say that I could never equal her ability to achieve this balance in storytelling, but I am not there yet. As a result, I had to write a series of vignettes that addressed my slow journey to nudism, setbacks and all. I found it necessary for privacy sake to leave out some details of my life and like many beginning writers, I had to work hard to avoid the temptation to write an encyclopedia rather than a focused storyline.

I have enjoyed Sunny's stories for a long time. It may be impossible to take her stories to a broader audience and I agree that a film based on her life would be inconceivable, but her stories are among the most delightful and inspiring writing ever to cross my desk.

I know I am not alone in saying that I feel as if I am hearing a close friend tell her life story. And over the years, Sunny has become a pen pal and friend to me and several others here. Here on these pages, we have also met Bryan and the children and come to care for them as well. How many of us get on our knees and pray for them whenever the Lord leads? It only comes natural to do so!

Hi, Group:

Is it my machine, or are the scripts for all those stories on Sunny Day's web page that could be made into movies now gone?

I haven't been able to access any of them, even the two entries I made.

Very Gray, It is not your machine.
I tried Sunny's web site.
All I got was a message beyond my pay grade.

Yes, something is wrong there. It's all gone.

Hi everyone,

It looks like the maximum number of views of the site has been exceeded. It should be available again at the first of next month. Sorry about the confusion. These free hosting services have their limitations. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for understanding.

Sunny

Sunny:

So -- is there anything that we, as fans of yours, can do to help? I myself go on binges. I feel like everything on the internet is moving into paid sites. Many of the previously freely accessed now require subscriptions.

Hi Sunny!

That's the first time I can recall your main site being down for something like this.
As VeryGary said, your friends stand ready to help.
If you can find a private way to do so, some sort of anonymous SunnyFund account to which we could contribute anonymously might be something to consider. But again, this is the first time I have ever seen your site down for traffic. If the problem persists into March and April, come back and let's put our heads together on this one.

And thinking on the Sunny side, having a traffic jam of readers is good trouble, very good indeed! I believe God has his hand on your life; he's been working with you for quite some time for your own benefit of course, but also to reach others with the simple message of goodness and common sense about the body, nature, faith and friendship that characterize what you have written since your teen years.

Of course the size of the crowd isn't the main point, what matters is the transformation within each heart, when one by one, yet another person reads your words with an open mind.

Blessings to you and your family!

- Ramblinman

Sure is a bummer that they take the entire site down like that. It would be nice if they'd leave you a landing page you could use to explain the problem, and continue to have links to places like the discussion board.

Hi Verygary,

First of all, the site is back up and available now.

To answer your question, no, there is nothing that you need to do. It has always been my intention to have this content be freely available and openly accessible to anyone who wants to read it. I want everyone who wants it to have this information and examples about the goodness and benefits of nude living and recreation.

It has never been nor will it ever be my intention to make money from this. Much of this content isn't even mine to begin with. You, yourself are an author of some of it. And I thank you for that.

Thank you for your support and encouragement!

Sunny

Ramblinman,

Thanks for your support. No funding needed. I intend to use free services for this so that the content can be free to anyone who wants it.

You're right, this has never happened before. The hosting service provides for the display of 5 GB worth of pages per month. I don't use any images or graphics on any of the pages so 5 GB should go a long long way. So I really don't know how that was used up. Maybe bots or something. I don't know much about all that so I just hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for your continued encouragement!

Sunny