Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Finding a fellow nudist - need some advice

I recently joined a local Christian men's group. Over the past few months I've been getting to know a few of the men in the group. There is one member who I haven't had much of an opportunity to really get to know. He's very gregarious, and everyone knows him, it's just he and I haven't really talked before. We greet each other when the group meets, and offer words of encouragement. My wife and I recently suffered a loss and he asked how we were doing during a prayer time. I guess the point is, we know of each other, but we don't really know each other.
I'm also a member of a meetup group for nudists in my local area. I periodically look at the list of new members to see if there is anyone that I know. Well, this week I noticed the guy from the men's group recently joined.
I'm almost certain he has no idea I'm in the group. I don't know if he just joined the meetup group because he's curious about nudism or a seasoned nudist.
I was looking for advice on what I should do. I could forge ahead with getting to know him, but that has some difficulties. There is enough of an age gap that we don't end up naturally talking to each other. He's also been in the group for a while and has a lot of friends in the group that end up monopolizing his time, further limiting my chances to get to know him. I could mention this to him, or send him a text, saying I know he's in the meetup group, but I don't want to scare him off or come off as creepy.
Bottom line, I would like to reach out but I'm not sure the best way to do so.

Re: Finding a fellow nudist - need some advice

JMartin,

Your instinctive caution is wise. Nudism is a sensitive topic usually kept between friends and your words indicate that you are not yet at the point, where "friend" would describe your acquaintance.

He offered to pray with you and you could begin your friendship with that. You seem to be mulling over jumping beyond your loss and start talking about nudism.
Maybe the Lord is leading you to seek a brother to encourage you about your loss right now. Nudism can wait; it's not urgent.

I have met nudists both younger and older than I and we have always found common interests for conversation. Age difference may give you a different perspective on some things, but it should not be a barrier to friendship.

God works on his timing and things tend to have a natural flow to them when we are sensitive to God's timing.

How comfortable are you and your wife with nudism? If it is still a bit new to you, you may be a little jittery about conversations on this topic. I don't know your situation, but if you are still building up your comfort-level, put in more time with nudist friends and at home. Get familiar with what's in print that shows how Christians can benefit from nudism (and naturism). I am sure others will chime in with their own thoughts. And we could tailor our suggestions with greater precision if you would be willing to tell us a little more about you and your nudist journey, as well as whatever you wish to share about your faith.

JMartin, my suggestion would be that you try to get your friend aside where you can talk privately and say something like: “I think we have more in common than just this Christian men’s group. I’m also a member of the [whatever it is] meet up group and I see that you have recently joined it as well. I’ve been a nudist myself for some time. Would you like to talk more about this some time?”

That’s just a suggestion, but I know I would very much welcome someone opening a conversation with me in that way.

Best wishes in this.

I rarely stop in here, but try to check these message boards a few times a year. Even rarer to comment.

You are in a Meet up group. He just joined..probably. Being a cautious person, I would keep open the possibility that it is not the same person. Just same name.

Back to the Meet Up group....I assume that the group has occasional meetups. And you can even see who is planning on attending. Attend a Meet-Up that he is planning to go to. Then, you know for certain and a conversation can happen there.