Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

Forum: SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Separation Anxiety

Thank you for referencing some of my comments. As it happens, my wife is a schoolteacher. When she finished school, however, it was difficult to find a teaching job (so she says) but she finally taught in a private school for a few years. She did other work for a few years until we started having children. She was perfectly aware of my nudist habits before we got married, too. I had even visited a club. In fact, one day she brought home a copy of the old "Clothed with the sun" that she had borrowed from a co-worker. That was 30 years ago. That's one of those "you never know who you'll run into stories."

Quote: Doug B.
Still, my questions for the group are: 1) If such arousal does come, whether I am able to calm down quickly or if it lasts a while, what would the reaction of those around us be? 2) Am I worrying too much? I mean, are there any out there who have had this experience of visible arousal? If so, how did you handle it? I would hate to embarrass my wife should she ever come around to trying social nudity, and I think being aroused in public would do just that.

Doug, I've read this site off-and-on for a while but your post finally got me out of lurkerhood since I too had "reluctant wife issues." My wife found this site when she was first considering my requests for a nude vacation -- we finally went to St. Maarten, which I think was where Sunny went for her first time.

Yes, you're worrying too much.

You're married to, in your words, a "beautiful, sexy wife." Like my wife. You married her for many reasons, and one was having a healthy intimate relationship with her. Assuming you see her unclothed body regularly, stop worrying and enjoy yourself. At the beach, it won't be any different than when you see her unclothed body around the home lots of other times.

On the other hand, if you don't see her nude regularly outside the bedroom, or if you are newlyweds, maybe you do need to worry. I couldn't have gone to a clothing-optional beach for several years into our marriage. Maybe learning to spend lots of time together alone at home without clothes would help?

Yes, if something does happen, some people will be upset, but rolling over or covering up will be understood and probably won't even be noticed. Flaunting won't be accepted, and shouldn't be, unless it's the kind of beach you likely would avoid anyway.

Visiting unknown new beaches and being seen by strangers can be scary for women. Is there any way you can go with at least one other female friend or married couple? If so, you can "practice" at home first which will help in many ways.

Sorry for the delay in responding, we're moving!
We park in the lot where the marina is and go north a short distance from the pay station ($6.00 for all day parking). The sand is very hot in the summer as is the intensity of the sun so we go in November through about May. Lots of people then, and we have had zero problems with gawkers and no cameras. There are ambassadors that routinely walk around which seems to work well.

After parking you walk through a tunnel under AIA. On that side is a textile toilet/shower area and then a short walk to the beach. We go to the right at the beach to have a more mixed group of men and women.

Umbrellas and loungers are for rent if you wish but most bring lawn chairs, blankets, coolers and their own umbrellas. I hope that you go and please let me know if you have more questions.

Max M.

You seem to know a good bit about the OBX, I thought I'd link you to the darebare group on Yahoo!
Dare county, bare swimmers/sunbathers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/darebare/messages?o=1

I was there briefly about 2 weeks ago. Nice day, but my time was too short. The only other places I know of near Virginia/OBX are White Tail park (never been) and Jefferson Pools. While nice but rustic, it isn't a naturist facility even though they have gender segregated clothing optional times.

Doug, I think that the reason I didn't have an erection the first time my wife went nude the first time we went to a resort was that she was reluctant to get nude. We went to a resort during national nude weekend and took the tour. After the tour I disrobed and we went to the pool area. My wife didn't get nude at first. She told me to stay at the pool while she took her shorts and blouse to the car, (she still had her bikini on). While at the car she got nude. When she came back from the car she was nude . Since I had been nude I had been relaxed and comfortable being nude by the time she returned to the pool area. It was about 1/2 hour after we had gone up to the pool area.

The family has a cottage in Kill Devil Hills and we used to go a couple of times a year but haven't been now for two years. Other activities and travels have reduced the opportunities. As a matter of fact, my daughter is getting married this coming Friday and will be moving to Germany right away. That has been this years "activity." Next year's travels will probably include a trip to Germany. The Outer Banks is being neglected.

I used to pass right by Whitetail Park on the way to the beach. It's just off US 460 and on one trip when I was by myself, they were having an open house. However, based on visiting a nudist club in Maryland, they don't really offer anything I was looking for and at the moment, I'm really not looking for anything.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com