Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

Forum: SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Sad news from the Koala Bay Naturist Resort

I just read some sad news from the creator of the Loxie and Zoot online comic. He won't be able to write any new stories any time this year, after not having written anything since the end of his "Bare Pit" story, Prudes and Prejudice.

Thank goodness we have great folks among SunnyDay's readership who write for the website from time to time. I know we are all greatly anticipating new material from the head honcho (honcha?) herself!

On that note, Sunny, how is your next story coming along? I regret to say I haven't had too much time for "Into the Mist" while studying abroad here in (not-so-sunny this season) Costa Rica, but I work on it from time to time. I hope to finish it during the month I have between my return to the states and my first shift back at work. (mid-July to mid-August)

I think all of you who read this should do yourselves a favor and start reading through the Loxie and Zoot stories, if you haven't already done so or haven't read them in a while. Although they are based in the medium of comic strips, they still might inspire more of you to put your fun nude recreation experiences into grand tales that will speak to us and encourage and inspire future generations!

With this bit of news from the Loxie and Zoot site, I am a bit more compelled to work toward completing my fictional nudist-based story. I hope you, too, will get your pens to paper, fingers to keyboards, brushes to canvases, chisels to... whatever you chiselers chisel..., etc. etc. etc.

We need to keep reminding our friends, families, acquaintances, and fellow human beings about the goodness and fun of social nude recreation!

Take care, and stay bare!

- Straber

Re: Sad news from the Koala Bay Naturist Resort

Hi Straber,

You asked:
“On that note, Sunny, how is your next story coming along?”

Hey, I’m actually making some good progress – thanks to that little challenge you threw down. So you’d better get with it! Sounds like I’m leaving you in the dust!

“I regret to say I haven't had too much time for "Into the Mist" while studying abroad here in (not-so-sunny this season) Costa Rica, but I work on it from time to time.”

You have a very good start with the draft you sent me. I hope you enjoy working on it. You’ve got some really good and creative ideas. Others will enjoy reading it when you’re ready.

“Although they (Loxie and Zoot) are based in the medium of comic strips, they still might inspire more of you to put your fun nude recreation experiences into grand tales that will speak to us and encourage and inspire future generations!” / “I hope you all will get those pens to paper, fingers to keyboard, brushes to canvas, chisels to... whatever you chiselers chisel..., etc. etc. etc. We need to keep reminding our friends, families, acquaintances, and fellow human beings about the goodness and fun of social nude recreation!”

Well said. I’ve been encouraging everyone to write their story for a long time now. To everyone I would say, just focus in on one of your experiences in nude living or recreation and start writing about it – your first time, your last time, one time that was especially memorable – whatever is important to you. Remember, there is a list of questions on the FAQ page to use as a guide for writing your story if that would help. But the main thing is: Just start. Close your eyes, remember your experience, and just start typing what you’re thinking. Don’t make it any harder than that. I bet you’ll enjoy it. Try it and let us know what you think.

So Straber – remember the challenge! LOL

Sunny

Au contraire, madame!

Hey Sunny! I was half-hoping you would have been in the same boat as I was in... behind/stalled or whatever. But I'm glad you're not, and I'm glad you accepted my challenge. In the past four hours of so I've really turned up the energy level for my story's authorship. That is, I've finally decided when and how to introduce the principal conflict, and have it pretty well outlined. But I need to eat dinner and take a short break.

Just thought I'd pass on the FYI that I'm not exactly in your dust, but I do plan on catching up quickly

Of course, there's no winner or loser, but I definitely want to finish this story before I come home. After all, I have a few summer classes and a more rigid academic routine to get back into, so while I have no morning classes this month, I'll have plenty of time to get my story ROLLING! So, assuming my deadline holds fast... you, too, have 30 days to finish your story (or, well, no, I guess you'd have until the end of July since I said whoever finishes first sets the one-month extension date for the other)

Cheers, and Pura Vida!

- Straber

Re: Au contraire, madame!

Sunny, check your email. I just finished Chapter 12, 4 full and/or mega-revised chapters more than the first draft you read. Plus I made a handful of minor revisions throughout the first 8 chapters.

So there! I'm movin' right along, too!

Amigos,

Straber

IT'S DONE!

Now that forum posts are possible again, I thought I would share with you all that my short story is more or less finished, unless Sunny suggests I tack on a follow up story concept as a second part to what I have "finished".

She told me she would read over it this upcoming week; I can't wait for her feedback. And she definitely knows our challenge throws the writing onus back into her court to finish her next write up!

And as for all of you, well, go get writing! (or painting composing, sculpting, etc.). We need to keep telling the world about the amazing experiences of social nude recreation!

Naturally,

Straber

Re: IT'S DONE!

So is mine. I'm just re-revewing it and I have it converted into both epub ans mobi. Hope to have it on B&N and Amazon soon. Will forward that info here when it's available.

So's mine!

I just uploaded it to B&N for the Nook, and the Kindle is next (formatting everything perfectly for the Nook was a PITA, but it'll all be worth it).

Now they have to set it all up, and it should be ready to buy in a day or two.

Alrighty-roo, Mrs. Coolest Nudist Mom ever, check your inbox; I have completed Draft #2 of Into the Mist (Disappearance). With great anticipation, I look forward to your thoughts about this draft and its potential publishable merit.

And way to go, you others, with your stories. Can't wait to read those myself!

Naturally,

Straber

PS - Kevin P, my wife and I are going to the Naked Escape event at WTR next Sunday afternoon (it's an all-weekend event, but I don't return from Costa Rica until earrrrly Sunday morning). Will you and yours be there? I'd love to meet you in person!

Loxie & Zoot

Cartoons look so comical, perhaps child-like, but I have often found more wisdom in the comics than in the editorial section.
Loxie and Zoot is a great example of this. Stephen Crowley's characters and stories are fictional, but taken from real-life situations and would be the perfect tool for getting young people to consider naturism who may not sit down to read an essay posted on the Internet. Although Crowley is in Australia, he has been able to ship to the US and Europe.
Perhaps some of you know young people who would benefit.

I am not free to travel to WTR right now, but give my regards to KevinP and his wife and anyone else who can attend. White Tail Resort in Ivor, VA is a great place with great people. (bring sandals for the sand burrs in the lawns). I love their shady camping area.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com