Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

Forum: SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Straber’s new story is up!

Read it. Liked it. Didn't say anything until today.

My wife liked it more than me. She felt you captured women's insecurities well. Not perfect, but better than most guys. Don't know if you're married, but if not, some woman will appreciate your sensitivity someday.

She also appreciated your extensive visual description of the settings. Painting a "mind picture" is important when you're writing for print and not for television, for a movie, or for a book with lots of photographs.

Her main concern: stereotyping.

The "character type" method of fiction writing worked great for Chaucer in the Canterbury Tales. That means presenting a character who readers know will react in certain ways, and then putting them into a situation where we see how those reactions play out. That's a common device of situation comedies and other television shows where writers don't have enough time to develop their secondary characters, or sometimes even primary characters.

But sitcoms and soap operas are often formulaic and predictable for a reason.

Just something to consider.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com