Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

Forum: SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Getting started - footnote

Sunny, I'm so glad you got to read my story, and thank you for asking me to speak to how I introduced my wife to this.

I remarried after more than a decade of being a single parent, and after giving a lot of thought to what being a best friend, a partner, a spouse entailed. So when my future wife and I started to get to know each other, we spent a lot of time talking about the things that were important to us. Those discussions were our courtship. We were building bridges of communication and trust and respect; a foundation to build a life together on.
My wife comes from another continent and culture, where there are no nudist clubs or beaches or anything like that, so this idea was something new for her to wrestle with. But she readily grasped the ideas I shared with her: that an unclothed body is not something to be ashamed of, or shocking to see, or that the state of being undressed had to imply sexuality and sensuousness. I explained how it made sense, when doing certain chores inside the house, or when the weather was very hot, that wearing a lot less, or nothing at all, could not only keep one feeling cooler, but save wear & tear on clothing, and washing and drying, etc.
I had already gained much comfort in spending time nude at home (when the children were not around: away at college or camp), sleeping in the buff, and from visits to a nudist facility in a nearby state. Sleeping nude was a good starting point for her, and then she would join me, when the situation was appropriate, in nudity in the house. She really appreciated the sense of freedom physically, but also the liberation from any self-consciousness or shame about her body.
She knew that I had gone the previous three years to this nudist club for my vacation, so after we married she asked if we were going to go there. I replied that I loved those visits, but that we did not need to do this; that where we went was a joint decision. She indicated that she wanted to experience this for herself, so that's what we did. Like me, this was her first time to being completely naked in an outdoor setting...feeling the sun, the breeze all over. To walk and hike in a beautiful setting, in daylight, amongst other folks. She was so brave, and did so well.
We were able to do this for three summer vacations, but not the last couple of years (for various reasons). We know we will again someday, but for now we will be patient and see what happens next.

Re: Getting started - footnote

Hi all2gether,

You said:
“We were building bridges of communication and trust and respect; a foundation to build a life together on.”

That’s beautiful, and it sounds like you and she have achieved that and are enjoying a wonderful marriage.

Thank you for sharing this with us. It’s a great example that should inspire us all to follow.

Hope you can get back to those summer vacations again soon!

Sunny

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com