Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Airbnb/swimply

Every time I have an overnight trip somewhere, I check with Airbnb to see if there are any hosts that allow nudity. I always explain that I’m not a swinger or anything like that I’m just more comfortable nude. To date I have found a few welcoming hosts but only on trips that I wind up not getting to go on for one reason or another. When my plans actually work I can’t find a host that will accommodate me so I just get a motel. There aren’t any resorts very close by me and I had to move to a much less private place after the S. Cal earthquakes in 2019. My house was ruined. I’ve recently found an app. Swimply that is for renting private swimming pools by the hour. This seems promising for at least a relaxing nude day. I’ve contacted a few hosts to check the waters. Quite a few have no problem with nude swimming and sunning in their yards. A few that said no expressed that they wish they could but it’s not private enough from their neighbors.
Looking forward to my first pool rental. It will be like having my own nude resort for the day.

Re: Airbnb/swimply

We rented our first pool today! A little background first. In July 2019 a series of earthquakes in southern California rendered our house of 20 years unlivable. We lived in a very small town and even though it was declared a disaster by both fed and state government, FEMA said the population and damage was too small for them to step in and help us re-build. Before that our property was 4 average lots with fenced back yard. for 20 years we had the freedom to be as nude as we wanted as often as we wanted in our yard. Most of that time we had an above ground pool and hot tub. Our new yard is much smaller with little to no privacy from the neighbors and no pool. So fast forward to a few months ago, I came across a website, (Swimply) that is described as the Airbnb of swimming pools. I have a lot of DR appointments out of town so I started searching the site for pools I would like to rent in areas I have Dr appointments. Then I started contacting hosts, (through the app) to explain that my wife and I prefer to swim and sun nude and that I understood if they aren't comfortable with that but I would appreciate if they could let me know one way or the other. On average, so far about 1/3 of the hosts I have contacted have said they would be fine with it. A few more said they would be willing but neighbors could see or they have kids that they don't want seeing that etc. A few polite, "we would be uncomfortable" and several who didn't bother to respond. Any way this one lady I contacted not only said it would be ok but stated, "I am totally comfortable with nude swimming and sunbathing!" This was by far the most positive response. So I booked with her for my wife and I for 2 hours.
When you book a pool through this app and you're late, the host does not have to extend your time or refund your money. We got held up and were going to be an hour late! I messaged her to explain and she was so nice and just shifted or scheduled time to fit when we would arrive. When we got there she was very friendly and welcoming, showed us where the changing room and bathroom were, invited us to use any of the pool toys she kept on hand and even had yard games like cornhole and giant jenga to play if we wanted. The pool and back yard were immaculate. The restroom for guests is a port-a-pottie but it smelled clean and was decorated better than my bathroom at home.
When she showed us around, my wife heard her kids in the house and was nervous about getting nude. I had already communicated with this lady and she made it clear their family was ok with nudity and they were going to go run errands anyway so we would have the place to ourselves. My wife stayed in her bathingsuit which I kind of expected she might since we were in a stranger's yard and they do have security cameras. I told her I doubted there is much of an internet market to see a couple of nude overweight great grandparents doing nothing more than swimming and lounging in the sun. That would quickly become boring viewing material. I stripped down right away and we both had a wonderfully relaxing time. My wife really suffers a lot with insomnia but when we got home tonight, she was out almost as soon as her head hit the pillow. Even though she never got nude, she did make comments about the next time we go so that is very encouraging. So the long and short of it is, if you don't have a pool of your own, or at least some yard you can sun in, I highly recommend the app Swimply or go to swimply.com The one complaint I have is that you can not contact a host without giving a date and time you want to rent for. You do not have to book it but you do have to say when you'd like to go.