This track update was based on information from the 2007 Crown Royal Jim Stewart 400 spring race. With that in mind, here is a list of the things that have been updated to the Richmond International Raceway track for NR2003 :
1) SAFER Barriers have been installed on the walls of the turns with appropriate signage on them. (The way the cars react when hitting the walls have been adjusted)
2) Track lane markings have been redone to two instead of the three that existed in the orginal track.
3) Added "marbles" near the walls of the turns to simulate chunks of tire rubber.
4) New custom setup for CUP physics have been provided.
5) Pit road has been reconfigured to accomodate a 43-car field.
6) Pit wall openings have been applied to allow access to the garage area.
7) Pit lines and numbers have been added to the pitboxes appropriately.
8) Working Whelen pit exit light is installed.
9) A Gatorade Victory Lane has been installed in the appropriate area as well as pit road access to it.
10) Added signage to the inner backstretch wall.
11) Appropriate grass logos have been applied to the frontstretch.
12) A more modern turn 1 & 2 stand has been installed.
13) Added completed Commonwealth Tower in turn 1.
14) Union 76 logos and signage have been changed over to Sunoco as well as the NASCAR Cup logos to Nextel.
15) Cones have been added to entrance & exit of pit road.
16) ALL NEW cameras have been applied.
17) The way the aircraft (i.e. blimp, helicopters) fly in the air have been editted.