Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Internet sociopaths

I agree with you and think that the cure would be as simple as the cause. Get the hell out of your room and go outside, not just once or twice but just turn off the computer and don't touch it. Being detached from reality is a very REAL and common result of playing games and sitting at your computer all day, every day.

Re: Internet sociopaths

It is not always that simple, though. There are many of those who have been quite sucked into the whole thing, which is why I guess you could say the state is nearly permanent. At least at the point when you're outside laughing at a guy falling under train. A shock-like state lasting forever, perhaps?
And even in the simpler cases, well, it is not quite that simple! Or easy.

But, but, but I am sure you had much more to add! Let's hear it. Some constructive criticism.

Also -- this is a bit off the point -- I noticed that you made a very interesting discovery concerning sociopathy not too long ago, you mentioned something about it being a "personality" rather than, hm, mental illness or condition or so? I would love to hear about that a little more, if only you have the time to write about it.

Ps. More food for thought! Could those people, the ones who have not yet "strayed off the path", as I would just love calling it, be classified as sociopaths? If only for while they are under Internet's dark shroud of doom.
Side note: (With "people who've not yet strayed off the path" I am, of course, referring to the people who can be safely brought back on earth.)