This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: deleting extra banner and coding help

I'm using the free hosting site and am finding that bravenet automatically adds a new/extra head and body tag to my clean code when it drops in its banners. Has anyone experienced this before? Any idea how to stop it from happening.

FYI:
1) I thought for some reason it didn't like my Doc Type declaration so I changed mine to reflect Bravenet's preference (per the information in the knowledge base) re-uploaded all my files - no effect.

2) Deleted all of the existing FTP files and re-uploaded new clean files again - no effect.

3) Tried using Bravenet's text editor but it doesn't show the Bravenet's inserted code so I can't delete out the extra tags.

I created the site on notepad - didn't use Bravenet's wizard. The site otherwise works perfectly, except that with the extra inserted tags it's "untitled".

Hi John,

I have figured out how to fix the problem, send me an e-mail and I will let you know how at stressedmomoftwo@yahoo.com or brittnay@fuse.net

Tracey

Browser: stressedmomoftwo,4

"bravenet automatically adds a new/extra head and body tag to my clean code when it drops in its banners."

That is what it does. No way to change it.