This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Making Flash Banner Fixed Header

Of course the "errors" from that validation (the ones caused by the /a tags in the script) are not critical problems, and some people would say to just ignore them. There are validation errors that can cause problems, and as long as you can overlook the /a errors you can still depend on the rest of the validation results.

I guess they say to add a back slash before the slash, and I think I ran into trouble with that one too. I like to split things up that can cause problems -- you will see a lot of sites doing that, if you read their code.

Hi Sherlock, thanks again.

I need one more serious issues resolved.

I have been asked to build this site in such a way that certain pages are accessible by the administor without having much knowledge of html ... so they can just interface with and/or add information as needed.

There are a few htm pages but they are for the scrollers, but I don't know how to make an htm page stand alone so to speak (my language is probably wrong!)

Would you, or anyone else tell me how to accomplish this ... it's really, really important.

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "they are for the scrollers", or "how to make an htm page stand alone".

I'm not even sure why you are saying "htm page". Are you asking about the difference between .html and .htm???

Instead of asking a question in a reply, as you have done just now, if would be better (you will be more likely to get good answers) if you select a forum and begin a new thread to ask your question. I'm not sure if your question concerns Web Design or HTML Coding, because I'm not sure what you want to do.

Sherlock:

I want to allow an administrator to add and make changes without having to muck around with the html .... a dangerous thing!!

I guess it's called 'background access' or something like that.

They input what they need to and it shows up on the page without having to go into my html pages.

Make sense?
A