Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Getting Back to the Beach

Hi BeachBunny!

Spring comes and goes with the shifting winds.
It actually reached 70 Sunday!
But no one would dare plant tomatoes before the first of May. And swimming is probably not going to happen until mid-June in our chilly lakes. This is not the land of perpetual nudity, (not without a hot tub or sauna). But I think the quality of life is pretty good in my present home.

While we wait on summer, we just take every opportunity for nudity that comes along, even if it is only a couple of hours on a sunny afternoon. It's the rainy season, so those days are extra special.
The impatient among us have one remaining option: point your car south and keep driving until it feels like summer.

Like the changing seasons, your young friends are in transition too and that's a good thing. Imagine if we never overcame our fears, (regardless of what's spooking us).
For the same reason, a single song probably wouldn't serve as the background music for all of one's life. To be sure, men and women don't often cry the same way or for the same reasons. We are better for our differences, don't you think?
I am a better man for the women who have graced my life.

The way guys react to beauty can change in subtle ways over time.
Of course, it's not time that changes us. Rather, it is when we have enriching experiences and our minds are open to growth.
Men can reach a point where generic female nudity doesn't necessarily trigger erotic thoughts anymore than the sight of a vivid sunset or shimmering lake would.

Some guys might be frightened at the prospect of losing the response to nudity that is common to teenagers, but this is a natural part of maturity and essential to social nudity. Instead, our passions are stirred by our interactions with one woman in particular. In polite society we confine those moments to private time. I don't go to the places that are not "polite", don't even want to go there.

But "she" can move heart and soul far more than some cutie walking down the beach. And at the right time and place, the lion roars!

Re: Getting Back to the Beach

I saw the board virtually died, but logged in today, saw new posts about Thanksgiving, and decided to give replying a try.

Sorry about your family issues, Dipper, and glad you were able to have perfect weather, "low to mid 70s and sunny when we got down to the sand, with almost no wind. The water was crystal clear and still warm enough to enjoy walking in the shallows."

It's too cold now to enjoy swimming at the lakefront cottage, but suntanning is great on a warm day in late fall. Some warm days prompted college students to invite friends who, as often happens this late in the season, felt "now or never until spring," and decided to try social nudity.

We agree with you on this:

DipperDave
One thing that keeps us coming back is how much walking nude at the beach encourages intimacy between us. Not sexual intimacy, but being able to freely and casually share our feelings and worries, without having the outside world interrupt. Sure, this can happen if we're together clothed as well, but it never seems to come as easily in those situations. It's like we take off emotional barriers along with our clothes. I suspect that many of you have had similar experiences with your naturism.

You are TOTALLY right that social nudity encourages "taking off emotional barriers along with our clothes," but first-timers don't understand and feel nudity is a huge barrier to overcome, especially women who are socialized that nudity is only for the most intimate of relationships with deep trust and love for the man. Even women who are used to swimming, and being on beaches in revealing swimsuits, and who enjoy seeing men respond to what we wear, often feel very awkward taking off our swimsuits and letting not only our boyfriend but other men on the beach see those last few parts of our bodies that our swimsuits cover. It's far more difficult for women like me, taught that except for doctors, no man until our husband on our wedding night should see us nude, and even more difficult for married couples who feel they're somehow breaking the trust of their marriage when, perhaps for the first time in years or even decades, they're undressing with men other than their husband and women other than their wife. Resorts often say married couples must visit together, and there are good reasons for that. From our experience, when a married couple try social nudity for the first time, it's best they undress together and then hold hands or have their arms around each other's waists as they watch the rest of the group undress so the wife learns it's perfectly okay for her husband to enjoy seeing other nude women, and the husband learns that it's perfectly okay for a nude male friend to enjoy seeing his wife nude.

For dating couples, it's incredibly fun seeing men and women struggle with fears and false modesty as they undress together in a group of friends. Initially blushing with socially conditioned embarrassment as they undress and are seen nude by friends and see their friends nude, they begin to enjoy the sensations of warm sun and warm breezes, and their bodies begin to respond as they were created to do.

It is perfectly normal, natural, and healthy for young people to enjoy seeing each other without their clothes, and that enjoyment washes away their modesty. As experienced nudists know, that process usually takes somewhere around 10 to 15 minutes, maybe half an hour for the most modest of new nudists.

I use that phrase "new nudists" because we almost never have someone agree to go nude with us in a group of friends who doesn't get "hooked" after their first experience, no matter how scared they were before they tried it, and no matter how opposed the reluctant wife or reluctant girlfriend was to trying social nudity. Yes, we know couples who had bad experiences on a public beach with gawkers or with unfriendly and suspicious older people at a resort, and women who had bad experiences going solo without a boyfriend or husband, but when couples try social nudity with trusted friends, the first time is almost never the last time.

What we call the "adorable awkwardness" of a young couple undressing together soon turns into enjoyment and excitement as not only the man but also the woman learn to enjoy seeing and being seen. It's not unusual for a woman who stoically agreed to go a nude beach with her boyfriend, expecting to hate it and going only because he wanted her to go, to be very surprised as her body responds to the sensual enjoyment of water gliding over her nude body as she swims nude, and then gets dried off by the warm sun and warm breezes on the beach. Before too long, she's feeling, "I know I'm supposed to be uncomfortable, but I really love swimming and sunbathing nude, and I'm even beginning to enjoy men looking at my nude body the same way they look at me in the cute bikini I spent so much time picking out."