Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Don't know what I'm doing here

i feel that those who live one day at a time tend to be the ones who are or will one day be more content with their understanding of themselves, so i don't think that's a bad thing.

at your age i didn't even know what future meant so i'm with you there, but here i am ten years later.

it's funny that you're 15, that's the age i started to write. i wrote down everything i was feeling, what made me angry, what i observed about the world. it was me beginning to understand the world as i saw it with my eyes, not with my parent's eyes.

another poster mentioned the ego. I think some parents build up the ego of the child at the expense of teaching them about the world, which is a mistake often.

I think the key to feeling more of a whole (as opposed to a mixed up thing of fragmented pieces of what people tell you), is to see the world as it really is, and always always ask questions. questioning everything is both enriching and essential. you will be a very interesting person and people will see it, it's refreshing.

but digging into your brain is only half of it. It's also about watching the world and seeing where you fit in, where your strengths are, where you excel.

these are just random thoughts but there you go.

since you wanna dig into your brain, why not read up on human biology. the reasons for why we are the way we are, and do what we do are in there.

it's very fascinating, and self-knowledge is empowering.

Right now I have to go to school.
I'll reply when I get home.
I have some things to say to what you wrote.
Thank you.

I had fun today.
Sort of, maybe.
I wasn't bored for too long, made me a bit happy, maybe.

I don't know if I'm okay with trying to figure out if something's 'wrong' with me.
I finally spoke to my dad today, it's been about 3 years since we actually talked. He told me he's always felt the same way, and that it's okay as long as I don't let people into my actual thoughts. Seems like not such great advice, but I should trust him for once since I don't normally trust anyone.