Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I think I'm a sociopath...

Experts? The only expert here is the doc, the rest of us just pull stuff outta thin air most of the time. You sound like a narc simply because there is no self-critizism in your post whatsoever, which is great. You seem like an interesting, fun and an intelligent person more than a narc, which is what matters.

And now i'll stop feeding your ego :P I'm no expert in narcissism but you seem like you don't really understand yourself and try to box yourself into something, which is always, in my opinion, a bad idea. Once you examine yourself objectively and recognize your own synapses from an outsiders view, can you start to see the whole picture. Most importantly, do you think your behaviour is a problem or needs to change?

I've been searching about the psychopaths all around the internet because i just discovered im one and this post is so similar to my life to the point that he is basically telling my life and ways of being and just as he said "I'm actually interested in learning for the sake of learning and growing as a person." i try to look out for how other kind of psychopaths think and how they behave beside from the usual sites of "im married with a psychopath" "how to spot a psychopath""self help of victims" all of this just like the kid that sent a letter http://askdrrobert.dr-robert.com/psychopath6.html
we are all not bad people (even him just as i do have a high sense of politeness) i like to think of myself as neutral in matters of my behave with the persons around me i have a high sense of respect of loyalty in fairness even had the golden rule as a way to behave in general since i was a little kid "Treat others as you would like to be treated"

just like wild i had only felt connection to a person in my whole life, a girl to who i felt was genuine love she is the only one who can still make me cry and feel sadness and dont know often i said to myself she was the only one i wanted to care and she to care for me back

wild also pointed out that he is unable to cry, be touched for deaths of relatives with his histories about funerals of relatives reminded me once when i was 13 -/+ i had an experience just like that in my school there was a religious retirement and at the end the motivational speaker gathered all of the school which was like 200 kids on the school yard and started to talk to do his magic about the family how we dont appreciate enough our parents and suddenly the whole school started to cry and i was shocked because i didnt feel a thing and felt a real pressure because i was unable to cry and after some minutes i started to cry but didnt feel sad not one bit "because i dont love my parents enough" it was the only time i cried in my youth and only for social pressure

i just feel that is unfair to say that all psychopaths are born evil and our kind will manage to hurt cheat and bring disaster to everyone around us when we can function just as good as a normal person or even better since ive seen how guilt remorse sadness and relations are so messy, bring troubles and only hold back the intellect of an individual. yes i know how that sounds so narcissistic but if a normal person would say it then it would sound inspiring and motivational, so much for double standards huh ?

other point of how wild mention that he would at this moment leave his family friends and everything behind and not look back its just how i feel i could leave my life and start a new one without feeling bad about disconnecting ive left friends just like him from one minute to another i had stoped thinking about them and got them out of my life just as easy but all of this doesnt mean that i will clean their bank accounts and rob every penny they had just like every single web site of psychopaths or book predict i will do

one clear example of how psychopaths are not necessarily bad persons is how ive had girlfriends in the past ive manipulated them so well to go out with me they had fell in love with me and i am a pretty **** good boyfriend i dont see a difference into saying and making believe the other person that i love her if you behave good and treat them well many have said i was the best man they had and in my point of view i was; i always followed every rule of how i should feel and how i should behave with them never cheated or even degraded their self steem even though i could easily have done it but it wasnt a smart move :P. never felt a thing for them or anyone if that matters but i tried to do good and be fair with them because i knew that was a good thing that would keep them in good terms with me i say that is how normal persons feel but just diferent they can feel it and i can think and rationalize it

sorry if i have grammar mistakes my native language isnt english and this is my personal point of view after reading a lot over the internet about psychopaths

This thread needs wolfie desperately.

Hexi
This thread needs wolfie desperately.

High school is really hard for teenage girls. They pretty much act like they think a psychopath acts at this time in their lives. However, I've never met a female psychopath nor have any reason to believe they exist at all.

The part where some neighbor lady made her cry.. I laughed at that. Poor girls. They are subject to a rather cruel world. As they have always been.. you'd think they'd get over it by now! lol j/k

You don't think you are a psychopath. You just know something is wrong with you and want to fix it.

No reason to believe female psychopaths exist at all? Why not? Can't a girl hit her head in a bicycle accident as well as any boy?

Dragontongue
No reason to believe female psychopaths exist at all? Why not? Can't a girl hit her head in a bicycle accident as well as any boy?

Hook, line, sinker? :D

:D
I love it when people do things like that....

Dragontongue

In the terms of Neuroscience.. it is not possible to destroy your emotions by cracking your skull open. All your emotions are not stored in a singular location of the brain but rather several locations. Many of which have another function other than processing emotions. Meaning that if you did destroy them.. you would die as your body would cease to properly function. So no.. it can't just happen.

I enjoy crushing your retarded opinions and demeaning you with my superior knowledge. Hexi taking sides with someone he hates and not even knowing it makes it all the more funny.

Try reading a book sometime. Preferably one published for a neurologist. That means a school book you guys probably couldn't comprehensively read anyway. Neither of you seems to invest anymore than your mouth into a conversation.. and one of you can't even fix simple computers..

Oh, Whitewolf, you're back. I was afraid I had run you off for a while there.

Whitewolf
In the terms of Neuroscience.. it is not possible to destroy your emotions by cracking your skull open.

That's what I thought. So you didn't lose your emotions as the result of an accident after all?

Whitewolf
I enjoy crushing your retarded opinions and demeaning you with my superior knowledge.

Oh yes, that reminds me. It's called a coping mechanism, not a cooping mechanism (which would be handy if you had chickens, I'm sure, but...). That's been bothering me for ages. Spell it properly next time, won't you?

Whitewolf
Try reading a book sometime. Preferably one published for a neurologist. That means a school book you guys probably couldn't comprehensively read anyway. Neither of you seems to invest anymore than your mouth into a conversation.. and one of you can't even fix simple computers..

Ooh, look! I've reduced him to puerile insults! :) I like those. Your use of 'comprehensively' seems a bit strained, though. How about 'truly comprehend' or something like that? 'Couldn't comprehensively read' sounds a little awkward. Also... I wonder. Shouldn't it be 'any more than your mouth'? 'Anymore than'... no, that doesn't look right. Hm. Oh, and if you didn't mean me when you said 'one of you can't even fix simple computers', you can change that to 'neither of you can even fix simple computers'.

By the by, which two people are these? One of them is obviously me, but who's the other? Hexi? Or Catalyst?

I think wolfie is angry because i don't aknowledge him, how petty. For all your boasting, you keep disappointing again and again.

I sometimes forget that you live in isolation.

Hexi, I value you far more than the others because we are similar. But I do not have any emotional dependency on you nor do I seek your acceptance as I already have it.

Yours is the closest structured mind to my own. Only in that you can relate to some of my actions and understand the underlying reasoning I may use as you share that same structure. Everything else is unique to the individual as far as I know.

I'm a paranoid psychopath. Which means I assume everyone is out to get me in some manner or another. But people don't get that I don't have any concept of fear. So really a paranoid psychopath is just an untrusting psychopath... which labels most of the higher capacity psychopaths.

I was ego boosting again. Can't help that. It's how God created me... because he loves me. No, but really even if there isn't a God.. I still don't fear death. I thought that would change that maybe I would be more emotional but no.. I guess everything inside is dead to me.

Hahahahaha, you crack me up wolfie, you really do. That was awesome.

I still don't understand why you fear death. Why you would concern yourself with prolonging this life at all costs. For all the distaste you have towards the world.. you sure do seem like you want to stay in it.

I see your fear of death as an exploitable weakness that you shouldn't have. Perhaps... perhaps you are broken . :-(

I'm confused. Who are you adressing wolf? If me, wut?

Hexi
I'm confused. Who are you adressing wolf? If me, wut?

You said if your nation was invaded you would do anything to survive.. which included becoming a traitor.

People who have nothing worth dying for have nothing worth living for either. I find your existence shallow and unforgivably boring. In the South we would call you a house honky... if you were white.

I fail to understand why you would act in a manner that demonstrated such cowardice. Then again I'm not you.

And how does that equate to me being afraid of death? If i have nothing to live for, surely i wouldn't care if i died, no? Or was that too logical for your superior mind to grasp?