Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I have become a jealous person and I want to overcome it

Dear Morgan

Without a doubt, jealousy has its roots in insecurity. But from what I gather, it hasn't played much of a role in your (rather long) relationship until recently. IMO, your insecurity is not unreasonable given that its based on what you've actually witnessed and had confirmed.

I do believe though that the reasons for such intense initial attraction between two people are not always so clearly defined. Similar backgrounds, similar values, similar interests etc, can all cause two people to want to investigate and interact intensively, until they settle into a more relaxed and friendly "relationship". IMO, if she didn't leave you for that woman then, she wont in the future.

This is my advice:

I don't think that you want her to know that you looked into her cellphone. So perhaps it would be an idea, to tell her that you've had time to think about things. That you trust her and will therefore allow her to continue her friendship with this girl. BUT, in return, she needs to respect your status as her girlfriend, and not only put you first, but also be open about her friendship with the girl. Perhaps even ask her to arrange that you can all meet for drinks, that she can visually put your mind at ease. You'd have to be strong for this one, and try your best to keep a reasonable attitude.

This is the kind of thing that can make you grow stronger as a couple.

I wish you all of the best.

"BUT, in return, she needs to respect your status as her girlfriend, and not only put you first, but also be open about her friendship with the girl. Perhaps even ask her to arrange that you can all meet for drinks, that she can visually put your mind at ease. "

love is a thing you give without expecting something in return. that part that i quoted says "im insecure and i think that you are going to leave me for another girl, so please let me have you controlled"

i think you shouldn't tell her that you are feeling jealous. if you say that part that xtine said, she will know that you are feeling jealous and insecure, don't do that. thats unattractive and only will cause more problems. in my advice, work on yourself, your confidence and your self-esteem as i said. the problem here is your feelings, not your partner. if you turn the tables, you will be able to have her again so attracted to you, that she wont need to see other friends. act like nothing is happening, be confident. step back a little!

love works in illogical ways, the more that you love someone, the more that they run away. we developed most of our human feelings and senses in times of the cavern, and we learned that we have to run for anything that is chasing us. but if something runs away from us, we have the tendency to follow it. thats the cool part.

I came across a link that might help you Morgan:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/emotionalhealth/Pages/Overcomingjealousy.aspx