Nicholas Scrolls Forum

Welcome to the Nicholas Scrolls Forum. We hope this forum to become a lively Gospel Believer's forum where you can discuss Biblical issues. Please keep the standard in which Jesus could participate.

Nicholas Scrolls Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
That's what I call a genuine revival...

To: Raymond Nicholson
Cc: Rita Williams
Subject: Now that's what I call a genuine revival...
Date: Apr 9, 2006 2:05 PM

Dear Brother Raymond,

Very well said beloved brother. That's what I would call a genuine revival. But you know dear brother, the strongholds of religion, as I and the Word, define it, are such that most will not tear down their idols and altars of false worship because they provide a degree of comfort for the "unlearned." Their response is so often, "What, come against the church - Never!" The peculiar thing about religion today is that it is viewed more as a "work" or ritual steeped in symbolism rather than a way of life. James pointed that out well in lines 26 and 27. In fact, in its proper context, James' exhortation absolutely refutes todays contemporary houses of religion showing them to be utterly worthless... and I might add, worthy of being torn down like as exibited in 2 Kings 22. In fact - that is the very first plea I make in Exhortation I of my published book, Apostasy Revealed. In order for that to happen on such a grande scale, it must first take place in an individuals own life so that he/she may witness Christ in flesh "proper."

After Christ died on the cross - wasn't the veil of the Temple torn and the Earth shaken? That's what we have to look forward to again but will men and women be able to do it of their own volition before the Angels of God wreak great destruction? If so, how many? Truth is I fear that very few will be able to offer their lives up as living and holy sacrifices unto God and surrender their will as I think they should allowing their souls to be saved to live with Christ eternally. Sad, isn't it?

Not many, He said, "but few."

Your faithful servant and brother in Christ,
Nicholas