Nicholas Scrolls Forum

Welcome to the Nicholas Scrolls Forum. We hope this forum to become a lively Gospel Believer's forum where you can discuss Biblical issues. Please keep the standard in which Jesus could participate.

Nicholas Scrolls Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Accepting your challenge... Pt III

Jesus said unto them, "If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I came forth and am come from God; for neither have I come of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and standeth not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof. But because I say the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convicteth me of sin? If I say truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth the words of God: for this cause ye hear them not, because ye are not of God."
This same paradox that existed with the Jews also exists with Islam who regard themselves as from Abraham's seed. The above also clearly establishes that Jesus came as an example to all setting humanity free from the bondage to selfish concerns and sins. If you truly desire life eternal and to be in God's Kingdom forever, then you must apply yourself to Christ's example and no other. I fear for you that denying these simple and fundamental truths regarding Jesus will eventually get you cast out into that place of eternal torment. Jesus said very specifically regarding the "sons of the Kingdom," Matthew 8:10-12 "When Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Now given the above references and comparisons I have made, why would you deny so great an offering considering that the Islamic goal is not for for the cause of selfless love and human compassion but an Islamic statehood of religious dictatorship? The aim of Islam is to establish a state religion, which means Islam needs a religious state. Only when Islam becomes a state, is Islam fully developed. This is the ultimate comparison I made in one of my exhortations with respect to the fruit born of Mohammad's visitation. Islam is earthly and very human separate from the spiritual significance of the works of Christ and His obedience to God the Father. I don't see much difference between what Islam aspires to do with what the Romans did with Catholicism. Catholicism was in the beginning nothing more than a leagalized form of Christianity that could be incorporated into the inner-workings of man's governing agenda. And look at what they did when they married church and state together! The crusades were a debauchery of Christ-like faith and thousands upon thousands of Jews, Muslims and Christians (not excluding common folk) were needlessly murdered for the highly prized jewel called Jerusalem. Nothing but hatred precipitated in the formation of a legalized religious state. Now I can tell you with a great deal of confidence that the same will result and has already come to bear with respect to the Islamic goal of a religious state. Do you really think that there will ever be peace between us as long as man continues to push his sordid religious virtue upon one another? You may be suprised to hear me confess that democracy is as much an affront to true Christianity as it is to Islam.

Con't Pt IV

Accepting your challenge... Pt IV

What is more important to you Khalid, the here and now or the hereafter? Do you acknowledge that you are not without sin in your life? Do you acknowledge that there is a need for redemption in your life? How about peace Khalid? Don't you desire peace in this life more than anything else? Doesn't Jesus pattern for us "peaceful resolve" so that we may acknowledge the same God by acknowleding His "begotten" Son of righteousness? What harm is there in leaving behind divisive religious precept for something of greater value... that being the eternal and unchangable truth? Have you ever heard a Christian witness to you in the way that I have towards you? Can you see that I am no friend of religion but that I am a God-fearing man of faith? Do you feel threatened by me or can you sense the great love and compassion I have for humanity? Does my application of faith seem more reasonable to you than the contemporary examples of hypocrisy present throughout the mainstream churches? Won't you consider more carefully what I have presented to you in truthful context and reconsider your need for accepting Jesus as your Lord and Messiah? I look forward to hearing back from you as I think I gave you much to consider. Please consider carefully when I confess to you that I am but a mere messenger and seek no man to follow me but am commanded by my Lord to point all men in the way of Christ crucified. You can understand the value of selfless living and selfless sacrifice thereby bearing witness of true righteousness can't you? Since we are all going to taste the first death, wouldn't it be a greater thing that when we die, we die with honor having our hands free from spilled blood? Is your conscience not convicted by the things which I have presented to you? What say ye oh son of man?

Therefore, in Christ, we are righteous but are not yet "perfected." We are in the process of being "perfected" but have not yet fully attained perfection. Romans 6:15-18 "What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness." While we are yet babes, we press on towards maturity that we may obtain the salvation which awaits us who are protected by the power of God through our faith. This is evidenced by our obedience to follow the selfless pattern of Christ Jesus. There is no way to the Father but through Him alone. - excerpt from Nicholas Scrolls Volume III No. 1 by Nicholas A. Stivers

Scribed in love and with firm commitment to Christ and all the household of God,
Your faithful brother and servant to Christ Jesus our Lord,

Nicholas A. Stivers

I am a peaceful Muslim

To: Nicholas A Stivers
Subject: Accepting your challenge...
Date: Jan 18, 2006 11:31 PM

Listen, this is subject is too paramount to be dealt with lightly.

Muhammed is not the Author of the Quran. Muhammed was illiterate. A person who lived in 6th century Arabia couldn't write the inimitable Quran.

Muhammed was only a messenger. We don't worship him, we worship the God of Abraham and Moses and Jesus.

The Quran, unlike the Bible, is immutable. Muslims have one Quran, Christians have many bibles.

How do you know that the Quran has no prophetic value? have you studied it? You should humble yourself at least for the sake of rectitude and simple honesty.

I don't want to compare between Muhammed and Jesus. I love Jesus as much as I love Muhammed. They are both God's messengers. They are both Prophets.

Don't you beleive that Jesus is also a Prophet?

It is sad that you are not telling the truth by claiming that Muslims worship Muhammed.

Muslims worship Allah (Arabic for God). Christians in the Arab world also pray to Allah, not to God, come and see for yourself instead of allowing yourself to be brainwashed by these mendaciosu evangelists who lie in God's name and who behave in a very unchristian manner, also in God's name. (Thou shall not lie).

Do you know what is God's name in Semitic languages? Do you know that the Hebrew bible used the word Allah for God? Do you know that Jesus called on Allah for help?

(Ella (a dverivative of Allah) lama sabachtani?..You must try to be honest...go to some academics in your area, ask them if Allah is a different God from that worshiped by Abraham?

Yes, we don't believe that God has sons and daughters and family. We believe that his One. That is all.

We don't worship moons and suns etc. That is evangelical disinformation.

Jesus never ever claimed to be God. Of course he was the way to God, just as Moses was the way to God. Jesus was a Prophet, and prophets communicate God's message of monotheisim and justice and love and righteousness to mankind.

Jesus is not responsible for all these problems and doctrinal contradictions in Christianity. Jesus never taught trinity for example. Jesus never taught papacy. Jesus told the Samirtan woman "My God and Your God is one" He said "I do nothing of myself" He said "My father is greater than me." So, Jesus was created by God, God doesn't create another God.

This means that much of what we see in Christianity today is man-made, not God-made.

Maybe you should study the early formation of Christiantiy.., e.g. the confrontation between Sain Barnabas and Saint Paul...and how the former refused to believe that Jesus was son of God, etc.

In the bible there are alot of wars, massacres, genocide, and hate. It is in the old testament. Isn't it? And you believe the old testament is the word of God? don't you? So how could God change his mind in a few hundred years?

Indeed, Jerry Falwell said if God okayed the killings of so many children and women in the Old Testament, Ariel Sharon should be able to slaughter women and children in the West Bank and Gaza...!!

The fact that Muhammed fought the idol-worshipers doesn't contradict biblical ethics. Moses fought and killed as well. Does this mean that he was bad?

Of course I am a peaceful Muslim, and of course I am against all hatred and war. But I am aslo for justice and freedom. There is no contradiction, because as the Prophet Issiah said "Peace can only be the fruit of Justice."

May God bless you.