Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Journeyman's card

I have worked a mold maker for over 20 years and would like to get a Journeyman's card, but it seems that unless you work for a union, you can't get one. Does anyone know of a legitimate source for Journeyman certification based on experience?

Re: Journeyman's card

The National Skilled Trades Association will issue Journeyman certification based on a minimum of 8 years experience or completion of an apprenticeship program. I am a moldmaker and I got my certification 2 years ago. It didn't make me a better moldmaker but it did get me interviews with companies that require a Journeman's card. Cost is $150.00. Email your name and address to JourneymanNSTA@aol.com and they will mail you an application.

Re: Journeyman's card

Correction on that email address
nstajourneyman@aol.com