Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
metal cutting tools for VMC

hi
i would like to know which brand of cutters are giving good performance in tool and die making. is it sandwik, kennemetal widia, mitsubishi, seco or any other?
Reply from direct users will be prefered. employees of the cutting tool manufacturer please do not try to push...

Re: metal cutting tools for VMC

All brand names which you mentioned above good for such job. My choose mainly depends from price of tools

Alexander
www.universal.ee/eng-art

Re: metal cutting tools for VMC

The best thing I believe that you can do is get together with a couple of your local tooling distributors and get them to help with testing in your shop. That way you get to show them the equipment, tool holders and work pieces in your house and they can suggest the proper tooling and they can price these for you.