Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Non-landed club events

So for me, it had been 20 years (phew) since I'd done a non-landed club event. But when an event was announced - literally 10 minutes down the street from our home - it was just too hard to let it pass by. Even my wife, who isn't exactly keen on being naked in a room from of strangers (she's more into the Great Outdoors), decided she was on board.

We arrived "fashionably late"; but still before the Comedy Show started. It was in fact a big room, wall-to-wall jam-packed with all naked people; many of whom clearly already knew each other. About 70% men.
Luckily, my wife is sufficiently accustomed to social nudity in "close quarters" that it didn't give her too much pause. We quickly disrobed and got naked, literally shoulder to shoulder with other people. We then walked around for a bit, got in line to get some food, started some conversations; and chose to sit in the front row.

The Comedy Show was funny, the comedians were all naked (some for the first time "publicly"); and all in all we had a good time. Although we did think that some of the jokes were a bit too raunchy considering the audience. We did leave as soon as the show was over, and had to brush by several naked people in order to get back to our clothes. But we did leave smiling, and joked for the whole 10 mins it took for us to get back home. My wife actually agreed to go to another event: Naked Bowling.

As fun as it was; I would say this type of event is "not for everybody." For women, especially newbies, I imagine it would be daunting to strip naked in front of a primarily male "audience." And the crowdedness can be too much for an introvert. Not to mention the very close proximity and inevitable physical contact while trying to move between people. But it's also a very interesting variation on social nudity. I would recommend, even if only for the experience.

Re: Non-landed club events

I'm glad you and your wife had a good time. I'm pretty sure my wife would not be comfortable with the gender imbalance being that skewed, and I might be a bit overwhelmed by the crowd. However, nude bowling does sound like fun. I think focusing on an activity could keep one's mind off of the "exposure" so to speak.

Thanks for the trip report, it's always good to hear about interesting experiences like this. If only either of these events were available in my city.