Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer 2022 recap

Well...summer 2022 has been a mixed bag.

The weather has been the biggest letdown. Summer started late this year in the Midwest, with so many overcast or rainy weekends that our usual resort outings have been cut by almost half. A real bummer.

The biggest "event" has of course been running into an "old" co-worker; and after the initial "surprise", the developing friendship (which now also includes 2 other couples.) Since that "fateful day", we have consistently been meeting up at the resort (weather permitting.)

Having close nudist friends has been both interesting and challenging for my wife. I've been down that road before; but it's a first for her. She would prefer to lay quietly by the lake with limited interaction; and having the same people around us most of the time has limited her "quiet sunbathing time" (although I try to make sure she still gets some throughout the day). At the same time, this development has allowed her to achieve "full-fledged social nudist" status and grow more comfortable with sustained naked socialization. "Naked hugs" are still a bit outside her "comfort zone", but now that she considers them "true friends" - as trust and respect have been established - she is not as concerned about them seeing her naked "every which way" as she initially was. "Mutual nudity" amongst us is pretty much normalized at this point; which is great.
With the resort closing for the year, our new friends would like to continue socializing nude at our homes (also outside of my wife's comfort zone); so we'll see how that goes.

Beyond that, this summer has pretty much been uneventful. We've now achieved "regular" status at the resort; which means we are recognized as part of the community. The other "regulars" and members acknowledge us and chat with us; so our nudist expereince is more social than it's ever been. It's actually pretty cool.

Re: Summer 2022 recap

I'm glad you had some good experiences this summer despite the weather trying to conspire against nude activities. It is also interesting to hear of your cultivation of nudist friendships. My wife and I have thought it would be interesting to have friends that share our view on the non-necessity of wearing clothes. Alas, none of our friends from our day-to-day lives seem interested in social nudity, and we haven't had a chance to visit our nearest nudist camp this year to get acquainted with people there. I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but just not at this point apparently.

The socially nude highlight of our summer was in June when we traveled to Hawaii for our 25th wedding anniversary. We booked a private snorkel charter in Kona called Swim Free Hawaii. There was only one other couple and the crew of two with us for the trip. We were able to snorkel with just our fins and masks, relax floating on a boogie board, and just soak in the sun on the deck of the boat. We recommend this excursion if planning a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii.

Re: Summer 2022 recap

mTr
My wife and I have thought it would be interesting to have friends that share our view on the non-necessity of wearing clothes. Alas, none of our friends from our day-to-day lives seem interested in social nudity, and we haven't had a chance to visit our nearest nudist camp this year to get acquainted with people there.

Making nudist friends has been - in my personal experience - a lot "easier said than done."

Some people have no problems there (for example BeachBunny); but certainly age, location, frequency and personality type have a lot to do with it. After a certain age it becomes more and more difficult; and going to a nudist venue 3-4 times a year probably isn't going to "do it."

If not for the "crazy coincidence" of running into an old co-worker, my wife and I would not have been able to make close nudist friends; in spite of our many trips to the resort. Obviously a connection pre-dating nudism already existed; so it was easy.
Non-landed clubs probably provide the best venue for making nudist friends; since friendship is emphasized in that environment. But unfortunately many resorts have "cliques"; which can make developing friendships more difficult unless you consistently approach them.

"Bringing in" friends from the non-nudist world is even more difficult. My wife and I have tried it a few times with zero success.

The best way IMHO is to try to maximize opportunities to meet people by attending resort/nudist/non-landed events. People are much more likely to socialize more in that setting. Beyond that, it's still largely a matter of luck and connecting with the "right" people.