Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Let's see your state list!

mTr in mentioning that he and his wife added to the list where they have been nude (other than a motel shower or bedroom) got me to thinking about my own list. Some of us have found nude venues abroad, others have accumulated a list within their own home country.
Most, but certainly not all of us are in the USA, but we have UK, Australia and Canada residents as well.

So, please think of a place where you have been socially nude or simply gone skinny dipping. If it doesn't reveal too much you'd like to keep confidential, kindly share the states or countries on your list.

I know that Sunny has written of finding places to be nude outdoors on her trips to Florida (both solo and as a couple) and her post high school graduation trip to St. Maartin.

My list (mostly skinny dipping, but some nudist venues as well:
Alabama
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Missouri
New Jersey
North Carolina
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia

Close but not quite:
California - I was within a mile of Black's Beach but cluelessly turned back the other way. (before I got connected to the nudist community).

New Jersey - Although I have been to nudist places, Gunnison Beach at Sandy Hook has not been one of them so far. I was a nudist by then, but the weather was miserable.

United Kingdom - I was near some really nice naturist beaches, but again didn't know where to look. If I had looked it up ahead of time, I could have enjoyed Studland beach on the Isle of Wight and some really mellow beaches in Cornwall. And the weather was actually warm enough, which is not as common in the UK as one might wish.

I love hot springs and have read about some in the western states of the USA where "going natural" is the norm. My kind of place!

So, better informed these days, I may yet get to these "destination" naturist beaches and hot springs!

Please share what you feel comfortable about your "going natural" list! It would be fun reading. You can also share what you hope to see someday.

Re: Let's see your state list!

Not much to brag about, mostly in Wisconsin, but have been to nudist clubs or nude beaches in the following states as well:

New Jersey
Florida
Michigan
Illinois
Indiana
Colorado
Arizona
California
Washington

My first time on a clothing optional beach was in Greece. I had been on a textile beach with a young lady from California. We were swimming when she handed me her top and asked me to put it in my pocket. This was right after the Colonels had come into power and I was afraid of being arrested. The next day we went to a clothing optional beach on Mykonos and I have been a nudist ever since.

Besides Greece I have been nude in the following:

New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Florida
Texas
Michigan
Indiana
Arkansas
California

Mexico
Saint Martin

New Jersey
Virginia
Georgia
South Carolina
North Carolina
Florida
Michigan
Indiana
Wisconsin

France
Saint Martin

Massachusetts
New York
Texas
Mississippi
Louisiana
Alabama
Georgia
Florida
North Carolina
New Mexico

I probably have mentioned these in various other posts, but just to get them all in one place, here goes…

Nudist venues
Hawaii
Colorado (hot springs)
Florida
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Louisiana
Arizona
Kansas

In addition to these, I have skinny dipped in Nebraska when I was a teenager.

I have been nude
In the wild in
Wyoming
Tennessee

And to resorts in
California
South Carolina
Florida

I hope to soon visit resorts in
Georgia
North Carolina

And a nude beach in
Florida

dakref,
Long list or short, if you have been to memorable places and made friends in some of them, I'd call that well done!

Kzoobob,
I shared a textile beach with my girlfriend at the time, but it was sufficiently remote that she felt comfortable getting out of her swimsuit in the water and I did the same with my trunks.
No one else ever arrived and our secret skinny dip went splendidly!
The current was strong, but neither of us lost our grip on the clothing.
With remote beaches, it is a textile beach only if someone else arrives and you feel the need to put something on.

Nudony and ClifMS we have covered some of the same territory. Perhaps our paths have crossed and we didn't know it!

mTr,
Your mention of Hawaii reminds me that I have been there, I just failed to list it.
I managed to find a remote beach and that's not easy to find unless you do some driving away from the tourist spots. The ocean current was very strong and I stayed close to shore. I left my clothing on a big boulder in the sun to stay warm and dry and there was no risk of losing my clothes to the current. It was my first and only January skinny dip, but being Hawaii, was pleasantly warm.

Ramblinman, my memory isn’t what it used to be. I forgot we’ve been to a camp in Georgia until my wife reminded me.

Also I had the chance for a free hike in New Mexico (I shared the details on this board previously).

Thanks for getting this thread started it’s interesting to see the common places we have all been and the unique places some of us have been lucky enough to visit.

mTr,

Sometimes all it takes is one word to bring back a flood of memories.
I love New Mexico! I've explored many of the broad valleys and hiked in the mountains between those valleys. There's a lot of sunshine and wide open spaces.
Thoughts of New Mexico reminds me of the old song I used to hear as a kid, "Paloma Blanca"
When the sun shines on the mountain
And the night is on the run
It's a new day
It's a new way
And I fly up to the sun
I can feel the morning sunlight
I can smell the new-mown hay
I can hear God's voice is calling
For my golden sky light way
Una paloma blanca
I'm just a bird in the sky
Una paloma blanca
Over the mountains I fly
No one can take my freedom away
Once I had my share of losing
for they locked me on a chain
Yes they tried to break my power
oh I still can feel the pain
Una paloma blanca
Una paloma blanca
Over the mountains I fly
Una paloma blanca
Una paloma blanca
Over the mountains I fly
===
And a naturist such as you or I will never forget what it feels like to be free!

Let's see,

California
New Mexico
Utah
Texas
Florida
New Jersey
New York
Rhode Island

and

Martinique
France
UK
Germany
Spain
Italy
Sweden
Greece

Seems as though there should be more, but that's all I can think of.