Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The boy who would be a pedophile and Dr. Robert's blunder

OK, OK, I give up. I am sorry I offended you, Dr. Robert. I had no right to come on your forum acting like an expert when obviously I know far less about these matters than you do. You were completely correct in your advice to the boy, and I was foolish to question it. You are a trained professional, and I am not.

I have learned a lesson here, and I will do better in the future. Please accept my apology and allow me to keep participating on your forum.

Yours truly,
Adam Alexantropos

I'm curious AA. What were you hoping to gain with this little game you played?

It wasn't a game. I am Greek. Something about the Doctor's answer and all the Greek history. I just don't like it. Anyway, we Greeks are passionate people.

Adam Alexantropos
It wasn't a game. I am Greek. Something about the Doctor's answer and all the Greek history. I just don't like it. Anyway, we Greeks are passionate people.

But it was though. At least it could reasonably be seen that way. For the record, I went back and reread the original post. It didn't seem all that horrific to me. And I agree with you when you implied later on in another comment that some of the doctor's defenders sounded almost cult like. Almost.

Still, this was never about them or even Dr. Robert. It was about you. You were playing a game. The game was superhero. You were the intelligent yet noble hero, here to save the poor, gullible masses from the incompetent yet nefarious Dr. Robert. And I can imagine that all the negative comments after your initial foray into online forum valor only served to shore up your sense of martyrdom. And then there was of course, the self serving advertisements... Equally important. Ah but then again, broadcasting your heroism is also a kind of self serving advertisement, isn't it?

It's all good though Zorba. It looks to me like you were 100% successful at this game. The person you were trying to convince the most was yourself and I'm betting you did just that. With flying colors even.

Daniel Birdick
And I agree with you when you implied later on in another comment that some of the doctor's defenders sounded almost cult like. Almost.

Let me just say that I got the same feeling. I thought to myself, the Dr. can fight his own battles, why are you all so upset. It's what he does, what he is trained to do. To deal with people. But I understand how much he is respected and how many people have helped themselves and improved their lives, reading his words and getting in contact with him. Still. I don't think I have to defend him. :)

BT--

Well I was one of those who "defended" the doc, and I think both you and Daniel are right. The doc certainly can stand up for himself if he needs to. What offended me so much was the total irrationality of Anthropussy's attack. I was OK with his initial disagreement with the doc. Everyone has a right to disagree. But even after the doc adduced facts and studies to refute Anthropussy, he would not stop attacking, and even got more far out with it. It is often said that you have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. Anthropussy just went on inventing "facts." I just became irate, I guess.

BTW, I am a long time admirer of Dr. Robert's website, but I certainly do not see him as a cult leader, nor myself as a cult member. I think for myself and do not look to others to decide things for me. My attraction to Dr. Robert stems, I think, from a rare combination of traits he seems to embody: high intelligence with openness and compassion. Intelligence alone is not all that rare. But many if not most people with high IQs seem judgmental or cold. The doc is not like that at all. He seems to be someone I would like to have a drink with or sit down to dinner, which gives his writing a flavor I rarely find elsewhere.

Anyway, I am glad the apology was given and accepted. Perhaps I took the whole thing too seriously, but it feels better this way.

I also am someone who came to the doctor's defense and demanded the apology from AA, but I certainly don't see myself as a cult follower. Not at all. Several years ago, during a severe personal crisis, I wrote to Dr. Saltzman for advice, and, at no cost to me, received a long and comprehensive reply. The doctor's point of view on my problem opened my mind immediately, and since then I have experienced what I can only call a profound spiritual awakening. I understand that readers might be skeptical of this, skeptical that some words in an email could trigger such an awakening to inner realities, but that is my true experience.

When I read the libelous and mean-spirited attacks on the doctor's qualifications, abilities, and integrity, I knew the doctor would never demand an apology for them, and that is why I stepped in.

I agree with you, BT, the doctor does not really need to be defended. As he said in his letter to me, "I am nobody special, and either are you. We all just are, and only for a brief instant." With an attitude like that, why would he need any defense? Still, when one receives a profound teaching, one feels like honoring the teacher, and that was my intention. Simple as that.

Personally, I am happy that AA finally did apologize, and also glad that he apparently has stopped spamming the forum.

Take care all,
Douglas

That is a beautiful line.

Adam--

Thanks for your gracious apology. I accept it completely.
By the way, it never was my intention to ban you from the forum. All voices are permitted here.

Be well.