Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Why I think people feel the need to believe in a "God". [Fairly long read]

http://bit.ly/bCR27N
If you view the bumps, and then click onto "stuff" and look around, it'll soon become obvious that people out there understand why people need to believe in "God" or an "afterlife".

Re: Why I think people feel the need to believe in a "God". [Fairly long read]

I've always been in the search for truth. i dont go to church (too many liars & hypocrites-not a good source of truth). Im not superstitious(this is equivalent to worshipping statues-no payout/vain/empty).Im a skeptical person about everything with much cynicsm about everyone(including myself).This in turn makes me a realist. I've come to read much philosophy in the quest for truth. I've saught many religions (not to be a member but an observer)and come to find that within all religions there is some truth but not quite that much in each. Most religions are governed by man who is perverted already so his belief system which he imposes on others is then perverted leading to the destruction of many.If man is diseased with lies,hypocrisies,self centered desires how can man find truth? He cant,it must be given to him! Its like a person that speaks only the language of english trying to interpret chinese (without any outside source helping);truth and lies are two opposing languages! In my search for truth ive come to find that everyone is a narcissist,proud,egotistic,vain,powerhungry,greedy,lying,mean spirited,glory hound. you dont believe me,you might want to take a look again! Yes everyone has varying levels of lying and stealing but we all do it! So than when I seen this undeniable truth I sought to do something about it. My results were to ask a supposed God (that i didnt necessarily believe nor disbelieve) and he supposedly grants wisdom/truth liberally to all mankind,so why not give it a shot. I did receive answers to my questions, it didnt come from me,i had no clue of the answers,prior to the enlightenment! I found that after all the questions I had for this supposed God and received answers-the right answers, that he does exist,and does reveal himself to ALL who wish to just seek.

Are you saying that you think "people feel the need to believe in God" so that they can discover the "truth" or that you discovered your need to believe in God so that you could discover these truths that you believe were revealed to you?

If so, what were these truths? And what did they reveal to you?

Belief in afterlife is the manifestation of the fear of death. What is the fear of death? The fear of the unknown and just like afterlife, we need to conjure up explanations to everything so it doesn't seem like the unknown anymore.

Hexi
Belief in afterlife is the manifestation of the fear of death. What is the fear of death? The fear of the unknown and just like afterlife, we need to conjure up explanations to everything so it doesn't seem like the unknown anymore.

+1

Eric,

Would you please give a few examples of the questions you asked and the answers you received?