Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Psychology

Hello, I would like to ask some interesting questions.

Why do people change around different people?
For example: When I am with one kind of people I may act very cool and very ok.
But when I am with people that look at me as a jerk or moron, I feel like jerk and moron and I begin
to act like the jerk they see me. When they talk with me, they get the reaction they want to get it.
I cannot control it, there is some key sequence in the voice tone and the way they talk to me, so they get the
nerd reaction...I act like a retarded nerd. When I am with other people I may feel more ok with myself.
When I am with some girl for example, I can act cool, but it happens to think about some thought that I am anti-charismatic and I lose the attraction link that I have made with that person, so I am rejecting that person not intentionally.

Is there a way or technique that can help me "heal" this things?
Is there some good method based on evidence that can help me learn what really happens when I feel like that?

ps: sorry about my English, it is not my native language.

Sincerely: Hari Kacanovski

Re: Psychology

Some people bring out our true nature, that being an uncharismatic nerd in your case. You need to realise that there is nothing wrong with being a nerd. I'll give a personal example. Awhile ago i was out with some friends that i've met through online gaming, utter nerds the lot of them. We hooked up with some girls and one asked how do we know eachother (as we were very different in age etc) one guy said "oh, we just kinda met through a hobby". Which is true, kind of. The girl asked "what hobby?" and they all went all squirmy. I just said that we're nerds and we met online while playing an MMORPG. The guys were all like "you idiot!" when in fact she was impressed by the honesty. I'm sure you've read some of my replies here, do i come off as a nerd? Well, i am and i don't hide it or try to act like i'm not.

Hope you get some ideas from my post.