Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Let's hate Hexi because he doesn't think like we do.

But I wonder about the case sometimes, If someone didn't mind, or even wanted to be killed/eaten/tortured whatever, then is it really doing something wrong? If it's between two adults of sound mind of course.

Alright, here is a real question, and this is the reason this particular case is so very interesting.

Most countries do not specifically outlaw cannibalism. Germany still has no law against it. The US has no law against it, for that matter.

From what we know of this case, Brandes fully consented to and participated in being eaten by Meiwes.

So, did Brandes commit suicide or was he murdered? Further, what right does the state have to intervene when two consenting adults perform an action that affects no one but themselves?

The German court originally convicted him of manslaughter by using the law against disturbing the peace of a corpse. The second trial produced a murder verdict solely because the judge there determined there was a sexual component to the consumption act and he was guilty of murder for the purpose of committing another crime (obtaining sexual release from the act of butchering a human). In both cases, the final verdict completely avoided the question of murder in the traditional sense - deliberately taking another's life - because they had to avoid the question of whether the victim's choice to be slaughtered absolved the butcher of the crime in the first place.

Many people have argued that there was no murder, that it was just an unfortunate set of circumstances which led to two people finding each other and carrying out their fantasies together.

In the US we typically believe that a person has the right to freely believe anything and pursue any activity as long as it doesn't infringe on another person's rights to do the same.

Where do we draw the line between personal freedom and the right of the state to ensure an equitable life experience for all citizens? If it's not ok to kill and eat a willing victim, is it still ok to tie up and beat a willing victim? Do we have a responsibility to the victim to try and heal them so they don't want to be abused? Do we have a responsibility to the attacker to try and heal them so they don't want to abuse? Do we just let them fend for themselves and leave them up to their own devices?

Here's a person who makes a good case for the death penalty. This cannibal most likely will not be cured. Even if he stays in prison for the rest of his life (unlikely), he will still be influential to others who aspire to be like him. He makes money off his memoirs. He's the subject of many films and songs. He's a cultural or more accurately counter-cultural icon at this point. The surest and quickest way to remove him from our collective consciousness is to just get rid of him and forget about him.

When doing A level Law in college we were being taught about a similar case in the US, of homosexual sado-masachism, there were a bunch of men and they took it in turns to nail their penises to a board, and other disgusting acts. But they weren't found guilt of anything because It was between a bunch of aduly males, and each had given their consent.

Is that a common ruling in America? That if it hurts no-one who hasn't given their strict consent then it's legal?
I don't know if I agree or disagree with that ruling, but it makes sense, doesn't it? So long as they're adults of sound mind, and have given their consent of course.

If it's not ok to kill and eat a willing victim, is it still ok to tie up and beat a willing victim? Do we have a responsibility to the victim to try and heal them so they don't want to be abused?

Let's face it, if someone wants to be beaten/abused then there is nothing the state can do to stop it happening, short of killing them and that's not going to happen. So why waste money trying to prevent them from doing something they're going to do anyway, when the money spent on them could go to rape victims, people who really need it?

Here's a person who makes a good case for the death penalty. This cannibal most likely will not be cured. Even if he stays in prison for the rest of his life (unlikely), he will still be influential to others who aspire to be like him. He makes money off his memoirs. He's the subject of many films and songs. He's a cultural or more accurately counter-cultural icon at this point. The surest and quickest way to remove him from our collective consciousness is to just get rid of him and forget about him.

That's where I disagree, it's still a Human being, who cannot help the fact they're suffering from a mental problem. But as much as I disagree, I understand perfectly where you are coming from.

Whitewolf leave him alone, you twist his words and try and turn what he says back on him while he remains calm and refuses to insult. Showing you anything? Try and be nice, yeah?

Eh, I thought it was funny. I can appreciate it was inappropriate humor for a forum of this nature, but I literally chuckled when I read it. I took it to be dripping with sarcasm rather than literally instructive.

If the kid's looking for help, maybe he will evolve, but it's just as likely he'll grow up to be as narrow minded and thoroughly thoughtless as, well, never mind.

im DOES thinking your IS true man and BRAVE to actualy argues with MANY peoples SAME TIME when they TRY bully you and hold to yours BELIEFS TOBY. im is THINKING you is right in say that IT bad to say KILL YOUSELF to person who is in BAD MENTALLY STATE. im is THINKING that if you IS thinking LOGICAL then even THEN it not GOOD THING to say but doesnt GET mad at HEXI im is thinking that probably SOCIOPATH dossent really EXISTS but they just is DOESNT knows about it themself and DOESNT understand themslef because HATE and other THINGS. this is just MORE proofs to mine THEORY because im is THINKING you can only say that to PROOFS that "im is SOCIOPATH i can SAYS this but you isnt CAN" but not REAL REASON to say it but maybe SHOW he is sociopath like with ONLY reason to tell that he is sociopath not actually anything LOGICAL maybe. im also THINK that maybe they should try PRAY to God because that CAN helps. im is ALSO can always help just asks for HELP.
im IS THINKING that all people is INTELIGENT in own way we is ALL SPECIAL you can says someone is INTELIGENT because he does BELIEFS in same thing you DOES beliefs in or because you THINKS inteligent PEOPLES is like that and is what you TRYES to be too or is MAYBE. so it BE stupid to ARGUMENTATION about who be INTELLIGENTER. and remembers that ALL people is special you DOESNT needs to be CERTAIN people like SOCIOPATH to be special or enything you always is SPECIAL even without that. TOBY is special HEXI is special WHITEWOLF is special ROBERT is special all is special in own way... why you care who is more special when you cannot EVEN calculates that.
and you should not GET ANGRY at TOBY hexi and TOBY you should not GET ANGRY at hexi. people is DO mistakes but they can APOLOGIZES and you ISNT helpping someone be BETTER PERSON if you does just say they is BAD. im is THINKING all people is have GOOD HEART but also BAD side im is here to TRIES help CURE it.

Toby
I know English is not your main language. Not only have you told me, it is also somewhat obvious.

Since you say that someone who looks stuff up on the net is not intelligent, i assume you have a reason for thinking that way.

You still have not told me what you know about Islam, but instead are dodging the question. I am fine with that, though.

If you need to look something you do not know about up on the Internet, it indicates a lack of knowledge.
I just do not think you can say I am not intelligent with any actual basis while doing that.
I am not saying using Google to increase your knowledge is bad. Google helps you learn; (everyone needs to learn something from somewhere, right? <-?)

I can not say you are unintelligent, just as you can not say I am.
By the way, in English whenever you use "i" when talking about yourself, you say "I", not "i". You must use capitals.

im DOESNT think that how you DOES knows english is IMPORTANT it just SHOW you BEING in EDUCATION if it DOES be can UNDERSTAND then it be GOOD. but im IS think it be UNFAIR to say "im is gooder in english so i am cleverer" and then use that in argumentation.

Lega
im DOES thinking your IS true man and BRAVE to actualy argues with MANY peoples SAME TIME when they TRY bully you and hold to yours BELIEFS TOBY

Thank you. :)

Lega
im DOESNT think that how you DOES knows english is IMPORTANT it just SHOW you BEING in EDUCATION if it DOES be can UNDERSTAND then it be GOOD. but im IS think it be UNFAIR to say "im is gooder in english so i am cleverer" and then use that in argumentation.

I wasn't saying I am better at English, I was just trying to help him out, I wasn't arguing with him about that. :D

TOBY is special HEXI is special WHITEWOLF is special ROBERT is special all is special in own way...

I couldn't agree with you more! Well-Done! :)