Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is happiness?

The inherent difficulty of discussing happiness: happiness is a word that covers so much:

Happiness is when I'm going out with friends.
Happiness is when I'm devouring my favorite food.
Happiness is when I'm in love.
Happiness is when I just bought a nice car.
Happiness is when I'm playing basketball.

Out of all of these the most important happiness in my life is living with purpose, more specifically my work. I can sacrifice my social life, food, money, car and basketball for it. Love though, is as important as purpose. These two components of happiness are lasting and transcends all.

Happiness is when I'm going out with friends.
Happiness is when I'm devouring my favorite food.
Happiness is when I'm in love.
Happiness is when I just bought a nice car.
Happiness is when I'm playing basketball.

In my opinion all of the above are joyfullness, not happiness. Except maybe "Happiness is when I'm in love." To me, that's true happiness

Kerry

Out of all of these the most important happiness in my life is living with purpose, more specifically my work. I can sacrifice my social life, food, money, car and basketball for it. Love though, is as important as purpose. These two components of happiness are lasting and transcends all.

What happiness will you find when you are retired? I'm not really quibbling with you - I think life has a purpose and in that purpose is happiness.

unknown

What happiness will you find when you are retired? I'm not really quibbling with you - I think life has a purpose and in that purpose is happiness.

And is the purpose of happiness to have a meaning so you can be happy? :P

Hexi
unknown

And is the purpose of happiness to have a meaning so you can be happy? :P

LOL am I that transparent? ;) Ah, reason!