Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
pedophile? help! (ecce homo you are the best)

im tom . im14. since the age of 12 i have been masturbating but quite recently I have found myself masturbating (about 3 times only) to fantasies involving 8,9,10 year old children. I am around children that age type alot and I dont find myself feeling anything sexual towards them at all. I hate paedophiles; there disgusting. I am repulsed by the few fantasies and have stopped masterbating to them. I always felt guilty after. I want to know if this is an indicator i am or will be a pedo when iam older? :(

Re: pedophile? help! (ecce homo you are the best)

I desperately need someone to clarify, but wouldn't a paedophile be turned on in the presence of children, were you are not?

It would be great if Dr Rob would post, because I need clarification for this too, but a paedophile is an idividual attracted to pre-pubescant children, and the person is over 18, right?

I would love to tell you something helpful, or that your thoughts are normal, but my info on this subject is very limited.

I don't think it is necessarily an indicator of anything, and rather suspect that since you feel guilt, you're not predisposed to becoming a pedophile. You're exploring what makes you tick, and that's pretty normal for an adolescent. If you don't like it, discard it from your fantasy repertoire, and ... move on ;)

In the event that you have experienced any form of sexual molestation having been perpetrated upon you, my answer is null and void. Although, it still doesn't indicate necessarily that you are a pedophile. But. Seek real help. No matter how hard you think it will be to bring it up, it is nothing compared to how hard it will be when it chooses to bring itself up later on in your life.

Hey Tom, thanks for the shout out! ;-)

I hope Toby and Unknown's answers were helpful to you. Toby's point about you not being attracted to children in your direct presence was a pertinent one, while Uknown's question about whether you yourself have been forced to have sex with an adult as a child would shed some light as to whether or not you had anything to "worry" about. The only thing I would add is you might think about, if you can, neither condoning (labelling as morally good) nor condemning (labelling as morally bad) this sexual attraction to children. Sometimes condemning and repressing (trying to bury) a behavior within ourselves only turns the impulse into a compulsion that hides in the shadows, waiting to overwhelm us later.

Like I said, I hope all of this helped.