Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: basic human interaction

I appreciate your honesty. You have certainly given me food for thought. I loved the happiness is clarity answer. Maybe all of us have no clue who we really are. All of it is discovery.

Is it because your husband can see "you" and can accept you for the way that you are inside and out, and his exeptance no matter what is'nt that love in its purest form? Unconditional.

Your brothers best friend is he psychologically similar too?

I appreciate your honesty. You have certainly given me food for thought. I loved the happiness is clarity answer. Maybe all of us have no clue who we really are. All of it is discovery.
I certainly hope so! With nothing to discover, life would be pointless.

Is it because your husband can see "you" and can accept you for the way that you are inside and out, and his exeptance no matter what is'nt that love in its purest form? Unconditional.

Yes. Exactly.

Your brothers best friend is he psychologically similar too?

Yes, quite.

unknown

No one else has ever read me accurately. It would be quite an impossible trick for most people. I am never me but rather who you think I should be. Not because that is what I want to be, but it is because it is all I know to be. I haven't the first ******* clue who I am.

Deep down you are a blank slate that emulates behaviour that you've seen. Personality traits that others appreciate. You can see things from every perpestive of the egos that you use. It's like multiple personality disorder with the ability to freely use and switch between them and learn new ones. At the end of it all though, there really isn't much of a personality, just fragments.

This is probably just projection though.

Hexi
unknown

No one else has ever read me accurately. It would be quite an impossible trick for most people. I am never me but rather who you think I should be. Not because that is what I want to be, but it is because it is all I know to be. I haven't the first ******* clue who I am.

Deep down you are a blank slate that emulates behaviour that you've seen. Personality traits that others appreciate. You can see things from every perpestive of the egos that you use. It's like multiple personality disorder with the ability to freely use and switch between them and learn new ones. At the end of it all though, there really isn't much of a personality, just fragments.

This is probably just projection though.

I do not think this is projection. You have done me a real service - thank you. I see something new for me.

If only you could tell me what to do with these fragments to assemble a personality of my own!

unknown

If only you could tell me what to do with these fragments to assemble a personality of my own!

But that IS your personality, fluent, adaptive and ever changing. There is no set personality, that was what i was trying to convey. Is there something wrong with that? Do you need a constant to function? Personally, i'm fine with it, perhaps i wont be later in life but it's just my opinion. :)

Also, the link you provided contained the same philosophical thinking i've done myself. If it came across as if i was trying to "argue", i apologize as it was not my intent. I was trying to explain how i saw it.

Oh, and Karma. Ofcourse not, how do you think uknown would operate in the world if others saw her as a empty shell, void of human traits? It's a learned behaviour, deep in the subconscious.

Hexi
Also, the link you provided contained the same philosophical thinking i've done myself. If it came across as if i was trying to "argue", i apologize as it was not my intent. I was trying to explain how i saw it.

You did not come across as argumentative.

Oh, and, I linked it for no other reason than I thought you might find it interesting. I did.

Here is what I think. You and I are very like minded. But we are like opposite sides of the same coin. I look for the good in things first and am sometimes blind-sided by the bad in things, at great pain and shock to my psyche, I might add. You look for the bad things first to protect yourself but miss or reject the good in things. I am not quite an optimist - a positive minded realist is better. You are not quite a pessimist - a pragmatic realist is better. Knowing I am likely to get screwed, I still let the other person make the choice to do so or not. Knowing you will get screwed, you strike first. Well not entirely, obviously. I mean I don't go near people for a reason, after all, and I don't mean to suggest you run around with a chip on your shoulder. What I mean to say is that I think you and I are cut from the same cloth but stitched into different clothes. (and this is an awful lot of conjecture)

Do you like to make people squirm? (This is a yes/no question - a curiosity - no elaboration)

You are quite right except that i do aknowledge the good in things, but i just don't appreciate it perhaps in the same way you do. As to your question, yes.

Hexi
You are quite right except that i do aknowledge the good in things, but i just don't appreciate it perhaps in the same way you do.

Back to my earlier assessment, then. This difference is what I perceive to be anger in you. Maybe it is; maybe it isn't. At any rate, I can relax now. I got you. hee hee (just playin' around)

Hexi

But that IS your personality, fluent, adaptive and ever changing. There is no set personality, that was what i was trying to convey. Is there something wrong with that? Do you need a constant to function? Personally, i'm fine with it, perhaps i wont be later in life but it's just my opinion. :)

*thinking*

I don't know if there's anything wrong with that or not. I never considered it. I thought I was supposed to have a me. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to have a me. >.>

Do I need a constant to function?

I can't answer. I'm stumped. What is functioning?

*thinking*

Somehow I don't want to believe that is true. That would make you an empty shell. None of you come across that way to me.

Somehow I don't want to believe that is true. That would make you an empty shell. None of you come across that way to me.

I am smart enough to conceptualize and verbalize some very esoteric things.

There are many people who describe me as an old soul (whatever the hell that is) and more than a handful who think I'm highly empathic. All of that is ridiculous. I am just perceptive. Nothing more.

I see patterns - whether it's in a differential equation or in human behavior. That is just what I do.

As Hexi says quite rightly, (neither he nor) I would come across that way to anyone.

Unfortunately, just because I see the pattern and can mimic it does not mean I can feel it. To feel, I must work hard to internalize the pattern and, much like a martial art, develop a "muscle memory" that becomes so routine it is ingrained.

And, I think, too, in light of today's new perspective, I'm not an empty shell. There is a bit of confetti there in the bottom of the shell. ;)

An old soul, I have been told that myself a time or two. Meaning inner wisdom I think.

Even confetti in the beginning began as a whole. Maybe if Hexi is right and this is like a multiple personality disorder maybe this confetti is just a slice of each of these personalities. I'd like to think so.

Sorry for the delay in replies. I do chores in between replies. I'm a bit of a neat freak. I'm a stay at home and everyday there seems to be more and more to do.

An old soul, I have been told that myself a time or two. Meaning inner wisdom I think.

Even confetti in the beginning began as a whole. Maybe if Hexi is right and this is like a multiple personality disorder maybe this confetti is just a slice of each of these personalities. I'd like to think so.

Sorry for the delay in replies. I do chores in between replies. I'm a bit of a neat freak. I'm a stay at home and everyday there seems to be more and more to do.

I understand chores, all to well - HA! I can't stand clutter.

I don't want many personalities. I just want the one I'm supposed to have. (she says and stomps her foot like a petulant child)

Can't stand clutter either. Sadly everyone around me seems to like it. Grrr

Isn't this the place you have all been able to be yourselves. I don't see anything, but honesty.

Can't stand clutter either. Sadly everyone around me seems to like it. Grrr

Isn't this the place you have all been able to be yourselves. I don't see anything, but honesty.

I've always felt that it is a great cosmic joke that my soul mate is a pig. I don't know if I'm supposed to learn to relax or he's supposed to learn to tidy up. haha

There is some real honesty here, but there is a lot that is hidden and rather a large bit of crap sprinkled in here and there. I think that one real discovery is worth however much crap one must wade through, though, so it's all good.

unknown
Is there some minimum level of physical human interaction one needs for proper health?

Not in my experience. Health, like so many other human ideals, is in the eye of the beholder.

My family is concerned. I think I'm fine. Who's right? (I know that's not a right or wrong kind of question.)

You said it. You are. And so are they. But since we're talking to and about you, I'm sticking with you. ;-)

I'm curious. How much time do you spend in the presence of other humans?

I go to work. I go to church. I hang out with friends. I travel. Usually I'm ok with everyone around me. Especially these days.