Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Why do men find lesbians attractive?

Toby

Little children also believe in a flying fat man delivering various gifts.

That's an interesting statement to me. When I had my first child, my husband and I discovered our first philosophical difference. I had no intention of perpetuating the Santa myth because I did not want to lie to my children.

I did want the Santa effect and had every intention of placing presents around the tree and in his stocking on Christmas morning with no tags to indicate from whom they came, but I was not going to say these things came from a silly fat man delivered via the chimney. I mean, really, that's absurd.

The point of the Santa concept, to my mind, is to give you an opportunity to give a present to someone unconditionally - there are no strings attached as there is no real giver involved. It's a true gift - one which requires no follow up or reciprocal action.

My husband was very strongly in favor of Santa as a real entity. I never once told them Santa did not exist, but when asked where the presents came from, I always replied, "From someone who loves you very much." I didn't betray his desire to continue with Santa, but neither did I betray my sense that lying to my children was definitely wrong.

All of that preamble was to say this: only one of my three children ever believed in Santa. I have one child of moderately above average to average intelligence and two who are of genius level intelligence. Go figure. ;)

I didn't want to tell my children that Santa existed at first, but my wife managed to persuade me. -_-

I have one child of moderately above average to average intelligence and two who are of genius level intelligence. Go figure. ;)

:)

"From someone who loves you very much."

I say that kind of thing all the time, it's not exactly telling the truth, but it's not lying. :)

Toby
I didn't want to tell my children that Santa existed at first, but my wife managed to persuade me. -_-

That's precisely why I married my husband. He's the only man I've ever met who could win an argument with me - not an argument of reason and facts but one of opinion - one relating to "the-meaning-of-life" sort of concepts - like this sort of argument would be. Something causes me to stop and consider his point of view might be right for some esoteric reason I cannot fathom.

I love my wife; we can have arguments, or 'heated debates', forgive eachother, get along, and start again. :)

Gets on my nerves, but I really can't remember a time I've won an argument with her, I'll often keep arguing long after I realise I have lost... :)

Great post, Doctor R. I check in here everyday and was also getting very tired of the proud, boastful so-call psychopaths. As you said, Doctor, nothing wrong with being a psychopath. . . that's just the way you were born. But when swagger and show off about your "freedom", it is obvious to everyone that you are completely hung up on yourself and your supposed "superiority" which really means you are afraid that you are just another ordinary idiot.

And the rest of you begging whitewolf not to leave. What a bunch of asslickers. No wonder wolf feels so special, you are all licking his ass for him.

I asked him not to leave as I find him interesting, funny and I enjoy (most) of his random posts.

ricardo ganas
What a bunch of asslickers

You're well spoken!

Thanks, Toby. You are not too bad yourself.

Right on, Unknown. Say more please.

Toby probably thinks about his wife getting it on with another woman would be hot.

Honestly? Yes, I do. :o)

Either that or their wife cheat on them... Toby.

Eh.

Well perhaps it's just for more sexual creatures. Sex is a pleasure to most. Something that should be enjoyed. I'm sure Arab women disagree. They get fixed just to make sure they don't get out of hand. How sad. Then again.. Most of the world is MAE dominated. Asian nations, India, all the muslims, south America and even Africa but thats no surprise.

So really where you come from determines many aspects of how you interput things. Meaning.. weren't not all going to agree on anything and even if we did our perception of that agreement would be different. To each their own.

But I know that most of you are somewhat of a western culture.