Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Atheism is far superior to 'God' or religion...

Toby
There is no factual basis for whether something is or isn't "stupid", it's all down to people opinions.
Toby
God isn't stupid, regardless of certain people's opinions.

Is there not a certain inconsistency here?

Things only exist to you because you choose them to.
I will allways exist, but to you, I might not always.
You could spend you're whole life believing that there is a magic toad that follows you around, to you, that toad exists, So, does the toad exist or not? Why?

Aagh! You're going to send me right back into a state of Cartesian doubt! *laugh* Seriously though, I think there are two different kinds of existence. Something can exist in the real world, in your mind, or both. The existence of a magical toad in my mind would not effect the existence of a magical toad in the real world.

That's not true. I could write a book right now, and write A.G MACPAC. Does that mean that A.G exists?

Sure he does. He's you. Does the name make a difference? I still know someone exists who wrote the book. By the existence of the book, I can infer the existence of the author. Even if he isn't who he says he is, he still definitely exists, right?

And, how do I know you exist? You could be Hexi messing around, or Whitewolf or Ecce Homo or anyone.

But I would still be me, a real person sitting at a real keyboard. Even if you don't know who I am, you know that I am, don't you?

Is there not a certain inconsistency here?

Nope. Well, not to me. God is on a whole different level.

Aagh! You're going to send me right back into a state of Cartesian doubt! *laugh* Seriously though, I think there are two different kinds of existence. Something can exist in the real world, in your mind, or both. The existence of a magical toad in my mind would not effect the existence of a magical toad in the real world.

Yes, true. But tell me this, how can you prove to yourself that the existence of the toad in your mind accounts for it's existence in the real world?

Sure he does. He's you. Does the name make a difference? I still know someone exists who wrote the book. By the existence of the book, I can infer the existence of the author. Even if he isn't who he says he is, he still definitely exists, right?

Again, true. But you would be so sure that there is a man out there named A.G MACPAC that you would without a doubt think that he was in existence, when in fact, he was not. Now, he doesn't exist in the real world, he only exists in your mind. Does that mean that a man named A.G MACPAC exists, or not?

But I would still be me, a real person sitting at a real keyboard. Even if you don't know who I am, you know that I am, don't you?

I could only guess you were real, I could only assume that you were in existence. I could be adamant that you existed, and it could turn out that I was suffering from psychosis or a delusionary disorder.

How do you prove to yourself something is actually in exsistence? Simply seeing it, feeling it, or hearing it isn't enough. There is no way we can ever be sure that something exists, right? Wrong?

Yes, true. But tell me this, how can you prove to yourself that the existence of the toad in your mind accounts for it's existence in the real world?

*startled* Beg pardon?
Oh, hang on. You got effect and affect mixed up, didn't you? Man, I've got to start wording things more simply.
But wait, even that doesn't clear up what you meant... does it? Either you're not making sense or I'm more tired than I thought.... Even if a magical toad really existed, why would I even want to prove that it existed because I imagined it? Didn't I say that just imagining a magical toad wouldn't make it real?

Again, true. But you would be so sure that there is a man out there named A.G MACPAC that you would without a doubt think that he was in existence, when in fact, he was not. Now, he doesn't exist in the real world, he only exists in your mind. Does that mean that a man named A.G MACPAC exists, or not?

How is the name relevant? I read a book--I infer an author. Show me a book without an author.

I could only guess you were real, I could only assume that you were in existence. I could be adamant that you existed, and it could turn out that I was suffering from psychosis or a delusionary disorder.

Sure. But in that case, whatever I wrote would have to be a delusion too. It couldn't just come from nowhere, appearing by random chance from the internet, nobody involved.

How do you prove to yourself something is actually in exsistence? Simply seeing it, feeling it, or hearing it isn't enough. There is no way we can ever be sure that something exists, right? Wrong?

Why wouldn't seeing something, feeling it, hearing it, etc. be enough to be sure that something exists? If you're going to mistrust the evidence of your senses, you might as well give up on everything altogether. What's the point of believing the Bible if the words in it may or may not exist? Why should you even live if nothing is real and you may not be living anyway? This line of thinking leads you straight to the Mad Hatter's tea party. If you don't exist, if I don't exist, why are we sitting around debating it?

Well, for something to exist it must exist in your mind, yeah?
So how can you prove that you're not just imagining me typing this?

How is the name relevant? I read a book--I infer an author. Show me a book without an author.

The name is relevan because you would be adamant that a man existed out there with the name of A.G MACPAC.

Sure. But in that case, whatever I wrote would have to be a delusion too. It couldn't just come from nowhere, appearing by random chance from the internet, nobody involved.

Yes, your writing would be the delusion...

Why wouldn't seeing something, feeling it, hearing it, etc. be enough to be sure that something exists? If you're going to mistrust the evidence of your senses, you might as well give up on everything altogether. What's the point of believing the Bible if the words in it may or may not exist? Why should you even live if nothing is real and you may not be living anyway? This line of thinking leads you straight to the Mad Hatter's tea party. If you don't exist, if I don't exist, why are we sitting around debating it?

People suffering from Psychosis see, feel, and hear thing's that they are adamant are real, when infact they're delusions.
How can you trust your senses? No-one can.

I have faith that the Bible is the true, infallible word of God.

I'm not saying nothing is real, but we simply don't know what is in existence, and what is not.

Well, for something to exist it must exist in your mind, yeah?

No. Not really. There are lots of things in this world that I don't know about. To say "they don't exist because I don't know about them" doesn't make much sense.

The name is relevan because you would be adamant that a man existed out there with the name of A.G MACPAC.

When did I say that? The only thing I would be adamant about would be the fact of an author.

People suffering from Psychosis see, feel, and hear thing's that they are adamant are real, when infact they're delusions.
How can you trust your senses? No-one can.

In order to say "this person is seeing things that aren't there" you have to first be able to say "this is what is here", don't you? If no-one can trust their senses, then no-one can be accurately diagnosed with psychosis, can they?

No. Not really. There are lots of things in this world that I don't know about. To say "they don't exist because I don't know about them" doesn't make much sense.

No, that's not what I meant.
If right now you were faced with an apple. It would exist in your mind, yeah? Obviously because it's there. Therefore for something to exist (you are aware of) in real life, it must exist in your mind.

When did I say that? The only thing I would be adamant about would be the fact of an author.

Fair enough. But maybe, there is no author. Maybe your imagining the book, it's all a delusion...

In order to say "this person is seeing things that aren't there" you have to first be able to say "this is what is here", don't you? If no-one can trust their senses, then no-one can be accurately diagnosed with psychosis, can they? Gloop

Yes, you would need to be able to say this is there, or at least trust that whats there is there.

Yes, the could because the people who were around the psychotic would be able to tell that he is seeing things they aren't. Or, things they aren't believing to be there.

I know, I'm hard to talk to. :)

If right now you were faced with an apple. It would exist in your mind, yeah? Obviously because it's there. Therefore for something to exist (you are aware of) in real life, it must exist in your mind.

In order for an apple to exist in my mind, I have to be aware of it, don't I? So in order for me to be aware of it... I have to perceive it. And in order for me to perceive it, it would have to exist in real life, right? Unless I had a psychosis or something, I guess, and was perceiving things that weren't there. In which case it would only exist in my mind. And if an apple only existed in my mind, I wouldn't be able to properly eat it, would I? You can't live on food that only exists in your mind. It doesn't exist in the real world, no matter how aware of it you are.

Fair enough. But maybe, there is no author. Maybe your imagining the book, it's all a delusion...

Sure. If the book doesn't exist, neither does the author. If the book does exist, then the author does too.

Yes, the could because the people who were around the psychotic would be able to tell that he is seeing things they aren't. Or, things they aren't believing to be there.

So it's majority rule.

I know, I'm hard to talk to. :)

You're right; you are hard to talk to. But this kind of intellectual debate is invigorating!

In order for an apple to exist in my mind, I have to be aware of it, don't I? So in order for me to be aware of it... I have to perceive it. And in order for me to perceive it, it would have to exist in real life, right? Unless I had a psychosis or something, I guess, and was perceiving things that weren't there. In which case it would only exist in my mind. And if an apple only existed in my mind, I wouldn't be able to properly eat it, would I? You can't live on food that only exists in your mind. It doesn't exist in the real world, no matter how aware of it you are.

... My head hurts.... :)
Ah, but in order for you to perceive it, you have to identify it by means of senses, so it's perfectly rreasonable that you could be perceiving said object, but it wasn't actually in existence...

No, you wouldn't be able to properly eat it, but you would think you were eating it... If you imagine you had 300 apples (I love apples) and they didn't really exist, but they did in your mind, you would think that they are real. So, although you wouldn't actually be able to eat it, if you were imagining the apple you would already be delusional, so you would think you were eating an apple, you would, feel, see, smell and taste the apple but it wouldn't really be there... Still with me?

Sure. If the book doesn't exist, neither does the author. If the book does exist, then the author does too.

Yes, sure. But if the book didn't exist and you thought it did, then you would think there was an Author, you would be sure there was an author, but there woiuldn't be.

So it's majority rule.

In a way, yes. Because if you had a 10 psychotics and 100 umm... "un-psychotics" then what the un-psychotic people would see would all be the same, but the un-psychotics would all see different delusions, no two psychotics would see the same man in the corner of the room, shaking them and telling them to burn things.

But the un-psychotics would all see the same things, therefote they're what we would call "existence".
But right back around to the same argument, we could spend our entire lives trying to prove to ourselves that our bodies were actually in existence and gte nowhere simply because, touch, smell, taste, and feel are all not as reliable as we would hope.

You're right; you are hard to talk to. But this kind of intellectual debate is invigorating!

It's hard to think that you're a psychopath, all three of the others here, Hexi, Whitewolf and Psycho1 have all gone through days and days of calling me names, insulting my religion, my country, me but you don't seem to be like that. You're better than them. :)
Well, Hexi is alright to talk to I suppose...

Because he is not, and neither is "psycho1". They are like Diego, confused, angry and wants to have a lable and because "emo" is not cool anymore, they went with ASPD. It's why i can't be bothered to even respond as posers are worse than narcissists. I even asked which one you find more annoying, Tony, but you never answered.

Also, if you can measure something, and another person can observer your results, then it surely exists.

Oh, and while i'm at it! Unknown, you're obscure synonyms and latin phrases do not make you intelligent, they make you look desperate for approval.

I don't believe I've used any Latin here on these boards - some Greek which I assumed was common vernacular for any educated person. Obscure synonyms? Do you even know what a synonym is? lol If you think what I say is obscure, perhaps your education is lacking :P I do sometimes find it difficult to converse with the nescient. (Yes, that was an intentionally high-brow retort, a bit of a joke.)

You think I am seeking approval? Interesting. Laughable, even. I couldn't care less (to be fair, technically speaking, I also couldn't care more). I know what I think and, for the most part, why I think it. There are things I still need to learn, of course, and a few of those things I was hopeful to analyze and sort out here, but if not here, I'll tackle them elsewhere eventually.

If I were truly desperate for approval, I would not only care but also insist that people agree with my thoughts.

Oh sorry Hexi, I thought you were asking Whitewolf!

I find people that pose as Psychopaths much more annoying... They want to be like you but they can't.. BooHoo! So sad...

Hexi, you are sort of a mix between DragonTongue and Whitewolf, I like you, not that really matter to you though... :)

Are you saying Whitewolf isn't a psychopath! If so then Hooray! That's what I've been saying all along... I think that he has PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder but he wouldn't listen...

Toby
Are you saying Whitewolf isn't a psychopath!

I would say that, not that anyone's asking. ;)

Wolfie seeks my approval far too much for my liking (for whatever reason).

Unknown, you say you don't care, yet you write 2 paragraphs about your reasons and the fact that you don't care. Contradicting much? :) You gave me the exact response i was expecting, including correcting my errors of judgement with righeous vigor. (which were inteded, by the way. Ofcourse you will never know the truth of this as in the future i can just google the phrases to appear that i know what the hell you're talking about, so don't even go there.)

Also, you are absolutely right. I DON'T have an education, not even a highschool one, i never finished it and i'm Finnish so English is my 3rd language. Tell me, what does any of that have to do with anything though?

I like to poke people, figuratively speaking.

But oblige me, what exactly are you looking answers for?

Hexi - LOL I rather suspect you like to poke people literally speaking.

If you want to play with me, play with me. Take the time to discover what I'm about and then pick it apart. Ask or argue to your heart's content. I wrote 2 paragraphs because I'm a wordy person.

Toby posts (religious topics) seeking approval - in his stage of evolution he's realized that he is more accommodating to all of humanity with his expanded Christianity and wants to be rewarded for achieving that level of insight (and rightly should be - he's nearing the final phase of that evolution, me'thinks)

Whitewolf posts (regardless of topic) seeking attention - like a toddler pinching his sister

Psycho1 posts because he needs a label for himself to feel defined - he's a teenager I would guess.

You, you're just bored. ;)

We all have our reasons, eh?

I want to know who I am, to answer your question. I know many facets of myself but I don't know my whole self.

Hexi - LOL I rather suspect you like to poke people literally speaking.

You've ruined me' fun! :)

Toby posts (religious topics) seeking approval - in his stage of evolution he's realized that he is more accommodating to all of humanity with his expanded Christianity and wants to be rewarded for achieving that level of insight (and rightly should be - he's nearing the final phase of that evolution, me'thinks)

Thank you! :)

Whitewolf posts (regardless of topic) seeking attention - like a toddler pinching his sister

I know what you mean, I think that too. But at times, he could be nice, make me laugh and he even wished me Happy Birthday... Who'da thunk it! :)
Although, he was quite annoying and argued with me alot, usually over trivial things, I will still miss him when he's gone...

You are right, i do like to "dissect" people, it's fun but it's rather hard over the internet. Body language plays such a huge role in it so i can only analyze what people write and identify patterns there.

Oh, Toby, my 2nd language is Swedish but i can speak some German too, if need be, but the language revolts me, even more so than Finnish.

**** it, why did I have to learn German...

Whitewolf aslways acted as if he could analyse and assess someones entire personality and character through about 2 posts... :)

He was alright sometimes though... when he wasn't insulting me... :)

I thought you two were 'best friends'....
For someone who doesn't even have a college ("High School") education you seem well spoken.

I like to poke people...

I didn't see the figuratively speaking bit at first...

What's your 2nd language then? German?

I can just google the phrases

Don't feel alone, I do that more often than I would like to admit... :)

Ah, but in order for you to perceive it, you have to identify it by means of senses, so it's perfectly rreasonable that you could be perceiving said object, but it wasn't actually in existence...

Yes, like I said, if I had a psychosis or something.

No, you wouldn't be able to properly eat it, but you would think you were eating it... If you imagine you had 300 apples (I love apples) and they didn't really exist, but they did in your mind, you would think that they are real. So, although you wouldn't actually be able to eat it, if you were imagining the apple you would already be delusional, so you would think you were eating an apple, you would, feel, see, smell and taste the apple but it wouldn't really be there... Still with me?

Sure! And then I'd starve to death. :) Like I said, having something exist in your mind and having it exist in the real world are two different things, right?

Yes, sure. But if the book didn't exist and you thought it did, then you would think there was an Author, you would be sure there was an author, but there woiuldn't be.

Of course. That's psychosis.

In a way, yes. Because if you had a 10 psychotics and 100 umm... "un-psychotics" then what the un-psychotic people would see would all be the same, but the un-psychotics would all see different delusions, no two psychotics would see the same man in the corner of the room, shaking them and telling them to burn things.

But the un-psychotics would all see the same things, therefote they're what we would call "existence".

Wouldn't it be freaky if a group of psychotics perceived everything the same way? Yikes. I'd be scared of invisible men for the rest of my life. ;)

But right back around to the same argument, we could spend our entire lives trying to prove to ourselves that our bodies were actually in existence and gte nowhere simply because, touch, smell, taste, and feel are all not as reliable as we would hope.

...I think I'll just do what everyone else does and say "I see me, everyone around me sees me, I exist" and not give myself an even bigger headache than I have right now.... *laugh*

It's hard to think that you're a psychopath, all three of the others here, Hexi, Whitewolf and Psycho1 have all gone through days and days of calling me names, insulting my religion, my country, me but you don't seem to be like that.

Insults don't really get you anywhere. They're not logical. I guess they can be pretty fun sometimes, though.... Anyway, like I said, you kind of remind me of my dad some of the time. Basically, I was raised by someone a bit like you... you've got to expect me to turn out something like this! (Besides, it seems it's easier for me to understand other people than it is for me to explain myself to other people. So I spend most of my time trying to figure other people out, since it's more productive.)

Yes, like I said, if I had a psychosis or something.

Yes, but, If you were not in anyone elses presence, how would you know if you had Psychosis or not. hmm?

Sure! And then I'd starve to death. :) Like I said, having something exist in your mind and having it exist in the real world are two different things, right?

Yes, but although you would starve to death, you wouldn't be aware of why, or you might not even know you were starving.

Wouldn't it be freaky if a group of psychotics perceived everything the same way?

I would be terrified they were ghost/demon/monster things. :)

...I think I'll just do what everyone else does and say "I see me, everyone around me sees me, I exist" and not give myself an even bigger headache than I have right now.... *laugh*

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea! :)

Are you a man or woman? Just curious.

Yes, but, If you were not in anyone elses presence, how would you know if you had Psychosis or not. hmm?

? Do most psychotics know they are psychotic? Especially if there isn't anyone around to tell them... no, even if people did tell them, would they believe it? And once a psychotic person truly believes that the things they are seeing aren't real, do they qualify as psychotic anymore?

Yes, but although you would starve to death, you wouldn't be aware of why, or you might not even know you were starving.

...Of course. The mental part; having food exist in your mind. The reality part; having food not exist in the real world. Like I've been saying... they're two different things.

Are you a man or woman? Just curious.

What, you can't tell? I thought most people could. *laugh* I'm too young for either label.

? Do most psychotics know they are psychotic? Especially if there isn't anyone around to tell them... no, even if people did tell them, would they believe it? And once a psychotic person truly believes that the things they are seeing aren't real, do they qualify as psychotic anymore?

That's what I was saying...

...Of course. The mental part; having food exist in your mind. The reality part; having food not exist in the real world. Like I've been saying... they're two different things.

I know, but there would be no way of differentiating between the two supposed realities, would there?

What, you can't tell? I thought most people could. *laugh* I'm too young for either label.

Ok, boy or girl... :)
It's alright if you don't want to say ... :)

That's what I was saying...

Okay, I'm obviously confused here. :) Never mind... it looks like we agree!

I know, but there would be no way of differentiating between the two supposed realities, would there?

Well. Not for the poor person with the apple. Not until they died, anyway. (As if that would help!)

Ok, boy or girl... :)
It's alright if you don't want to say ... :)

Oh, I'm a girl. I'm just interested... I thought people could tell things like this through writing style and so on. Is my writing style (etc.) androgynous?

Okay, I'm obviously confused here. :) Never mind... it looks like we agree!

I am a bit lost too... Never mind. :)

Well. Not for the poor person with the apple. Not until they died, anyway.

Yeah. :)
I wonder if they would realise as they slowly died...

Oh, I'm a girl. I'm just interested... I thought people could tell things like this through writing style and so on. Is my writing style (etc.) androgynous?

Right. I'm not very good at telling peoples personalities etc, without seeing them face-to-face... :)

I wonder if they would realise as they slowly died...

Ooh, good one. I wonder... maybe they would! It's not like starvation is a quick death or anything.... Of course, they might just decide that the apples were poisoned or something. :) That could save their life, too!

Dragontongue
I don't care about what people say is true. I want to know what is true!

And if that is true then go looking for it. You always find what you really seek. Good luck!

Toby

I refuse to believe we live in a world populated by morons,

And that right there is the biggest error in your thinking. The fact that a lazy freeloader with no formal education past the 9th grade, who spent his youth doing drugs, drinking, partying etc, is considered a "genius" should be all the evidence you need.

His iq is 189.
That is all the evidence I need.

Toby
His iq is 189.
That is all the evidence I need.

Who are you talking about? :D

Einstein... Who are you talking about?
:o)

Toby
Einstein... Who are you talking about?
:o)

Myself, actually. Although i don't consider myself as a genious, that part was purely what i've been told. I was trying to point out that when someone like me is on the upper side on the scale, people are not that intelligent, as a whole.

I thought you were talking about Einstein. I thought where the **** is he getting all this from?
:D

You don't have children do you? Or a Wife?
I'm very nosey, but bearing in mind you asked me about my choice of pornography, I can probably get away with asking that. :)

Toby

You don't have children do you? Or a Wife?
I'm very nosey, but bearing in mind you asked me about my choice of pornography, I can probably get away with asking that. :)

Wife, no. Children, not to my knowledge. I did perform a "back alley abortion" when i was 14 though, so i would have an 11 yearold kid now. (I can just imagine the rage that incites in you). But hey, you asked! Actually... why DID you ask?

Re: Atheism isn't superior to 'God' or religion...

The rage? What reason do I have to be rageful?
It would've been preferrable if you had of had it done medically, but whatever.
What method did you use?

Why did I ask?
I was just curious, wanted to know what the answer was. So, do you think you'll ever have children, or, a wife?

Toby

What method did you use?

I assumed you would be revolted or whatever, considering your "pro-life" views. The method used was painkillers, booze and a sharp knee to the abdomen.
Toby

Why did I ask?
I was just curious, wanted to know what the answer was. So, do you think you'll ever have children, or, a wife?

Not intentionally atleast, no. I dislike children and marriage means nothing to me and only complicates things if/when i decide to leave.

Actually I'm pro-choice. ;)
Most people, I hear, use coat hangers to pierce the amniotic sac, And I thought that might be what you did.

I'm not revolted, as I said I'm pro-choice. Obviously I think it would've been better to arrange an aborton legally, but hey, It's not my choice to make.

Psycho1
You can't tell me that anyone who believes in God isn't a little insane... Atheism just makes perfect sense.

I can't shut this down without reading any of your posts.

There is no such thing as an atheist. The end. Say what you will but everyone believes in something. Some higher being or spiritual existance. The sun. The earth. Whatever.

Also the concept of an atheist is that of a coward. Someone who believes in nothing would surely fear the end of their existance. True people of faith kill but they are also braver. It's your personality type that dictates how you approach faith. Radical people will always kill eachother. Pacifists will always want there to be peace. Religion is only an excuse they use to justify their actions and once you understand that... well you'll be better off.

Atheist don't exist. Just like empaths don't exist. You know how many times I've faked emotions and had those bleeding hurts pouring out all over. Spare me your assumed and revolting lies you tell yourselves.

I see the truths of people and this world. You all suck at deception. Sure you can fool eachother but not me. Given in person exposure I can become a friend to just about anyone I choose and quickly learn how stable they are and their emotional states.

I'm really just talking to Hexi. No one else will get it. They can't decrypt the deeper meaning if my words but to us it's just crystal clear.

Empaths don't exist

An empath is just someone who has the ability to experience empathy. Empaths can experience empathy.
Need I say anymore?

there is no such thing as an atheist

An Atheist simply does not believe in the monotheistic God. Obviously, while being an idiot, Pyscho1 doesn't. But I agree with the 'everyone believes something' bit.

You know what? I've decided that Psychopaths don't exist. I think they're just cowards.
I know I'm right, and everyone else is wrong, regardless of how stupid it sounds.
Also, I don't believe in the moon, I just think it's the back of the sun.

You're no superhuman, it would be simple to deceive you. I mean that CBoo-Babes person, you thought she was actually Cboo for a while...
And It's funny how you think you can assess an individuals emotional state through forum posts.
How do you assess me then? How do you asses my emotional state?

You are so easy, Toby. It's quite disheartening.

Thanks!
Any more comments? Observations on me?

I don't think anything else needs to be said, to be honest. It's fun to see you revel in someone else feeding you.

I take everything you or Whitewolf say in my stride really.

I must say I do enjoy your critisms though, they help me to improve so keep 'em coming.

Nah, you just enjoy the attention, in whatever form you get it be it agreement, disagreement, insults or just snide comments and i'm more than happy to oblige.

I don't enjoy being insulted, Who does?
I enjoy constructive critisism and the like.

It's fun debating with Psychopaths, I admire there way of thinking... Sometimes...

I know. I'm not really helping.

The only thought that comes to mind vis-a-vis atheism vs. theism for me is the following:

There are those who think that life has nothing left to chance,
A host of holy horrors to direct our aimless dance.

A planet of playthings,
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive
"The stars aren't aligned,
Or the gods are malign..."
Blame is better to give than receive.

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

There are those who think that they were dealt a losing hand,
The cards were stacked against them; they weren't born in Lotusland.

All preordained
A prisoner in chains
A victim of venomous fate.
Kicked in the face,
You can't pray for a place
In heaven's unearthly estate.

I will choose freewill.

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete.
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt that's far too fleet.

I will choose freewill.