Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Enough with the psychopath crap!

I'm concerned that Ecce Homo lacks the emotional integrity to withstand social bombardment.

In other words... don't break him.

But if he were to "break" you could fix him again, right? :-)

I'm concerned that Ecce Homo lacks the emotional integrity to withstand social bombardment.

I knew you cared! LOL!

Seriously though, I don’t put much stock in arguing or defending or name calling and so on. I haven’t gotten much value out of it myself nor have I seen the wisdom in it when I see other people engaging in conflict, verbal or physical. And I get that this view is not popular, especially on this forum as of late. I don’t think arguing and/or fighting verbally is wrong and that you or others should stop. It’s just not for me. Truth does not need defending. It simply is what it is. Egos, on the other hand, never run out of things to fight about and for!

And it’s all good.

Ecco, how's it going there in your fantasy land? To say such rubbish like "Truth does not need defending" makes you look horribly naive. Tell me, have you ever read a single history book? I know my tone is "provocative" but i just want to explicitly express my disdain.

Toby, that was utterly besides the point. I had to count them to make a point. :)

Hexi,

My world is just fine, thanks for asking. :-) I have read loads of books, on many subjects. Your understanding of truth is… limited. Unnecessarily so. Truth cannot be found in what is read in books. Facts can, but not truth. It’s bigger than that.

I understand why you believe what you believe. I get that it makes sense to you. I even get that you felt compelled to express your disdain. You were completely successful in that expression. So that’s good. Um… honestly, I don’t know what else to say to you because I’ve made it pretty clear that I don’t defend because I don’t need defending. I don’t argue because I can’t see anything worth arguing about. So there you go. I celebrate your freedom to believe precisely what you wish to believe, to examine what you want and to leave unexamined what you want.

You missed my point entirely. Truth is very often obscured on purpose and if no one defends their point of view, humanity would be lost. That is what i meant with reading history. You read history, then you read the same history by another author and you have 2 different histories. If you don't care about the truth and instead are content with a subjective view then that's your choice. I on the otherhand wish that my views are challenged with logic and reasoning.

Ah I see. You are right Hexi. I did miss your point. Thank you for clearing that up.

All I can say is that there is a reality larger than logic and more profound than human reasoning. As such, you can only see it. It can't be argued or debated, only seen or not, which is why I left debating behind long ago. Don't take my word for it. Come see for yourself. Or not. The choice is yours.