Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Am I a psychopath/sociopath?

I'm not a proffesional, but It sounds to me like you indeed do have psychopathy, Im basing that on the fact you say you have no conscience, guilt, shame or fear. They're all common traits of psychopaths.
From what I had heard of psychopaths before I visited this site I was told exactly "Dont bother; they're evil incarnate" So as you can imagine I came here with a certain level of arrogance but I soon learned that there was nothing evil about them, nothing "Abnormal" and certainly nothing to be afraid of. So being psychopathic doesn't mean you have to be a bad person, and it certainly doesn't mean you have to hurt anybody.

Question - Do you ever worry about being psychopathic?

Don't know. I am, does it matter?

Hexy, No, it doesn't; but it would be nice to know for sure.

Toby, no, I like being the way I am. If you think about it, I tend to be the first one to react on emergencies, and I generally tend to succeed in most ventures.

It doesn't not matter...
It certainly sounds you are correct in your self-diagnosis of psychopthy, you have no conscience, no guilt so probably, Yes.

It's quite easy to test it, really. Use your imagination if you want to be sure.

I did that. Had I gotten any conclusive results, I wouldn't have asked. But then again, you already knew that.

Feel free to provide some examples.

I'm not nearly naive enough to endulge you.

I would have been a bit disappointed if you had given examples.

Instead, I bought a few books on psychopathic behavior.