Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Definitely obsessive compulsive, possibly sociopathic.

yeah. I know exactly what you're going through, Alias. You're not a sociopath.
You have OCD. Your worry that you're a socio is just another OCD worry. What it means is that you are about to come to the realization that a lot of the people you know have constantly failed to live up to your expectations. Hence, you hate them. But good people don't hate people, so you had to find a way to remove the affect from that particular conceit. (The one concerning the fact that so many people are weak sell-outs) So, instead of saying to yourself "people are ****ty, I hate them", you start worrying about whether or not you have APD (and the constant self-checking that goes along with it. I hated that part SO much.) and you say "I want to help these people".

You want to do something that makes you feel good. You claim to be intelligent. So write a book. Paint a picture, compose a song. Do something meaningful. Get into the zone. managing OCD is a really tough thing to do but realize that you are not entirely alone.