Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lost soulmate

I am a 22 year old college student, I have lost the love of my life. the pain is unbearable will I ever be free of this pain?

Of course you will be! You may not be able to hear this right now and that is perfectly understandable, but you are already free of it. There is a part of you that is underneath or around or above the pain that is always and forever free.

I know I am off the millions but I just want to know and understand how to move on its been so long after this break up n the pain is still not going away. plz tell me will I ever get his love back? or what will happen?

I don’t know if you will ever get his love back. But the good news, no, the GREAT NEWS, is you do not need his love in order to be whole and happy. What has worked for me when I have suffered is recognizing that emotional pain is almost always a sign that something I am thinking and/or believing is not right for me and that I need to examine it. I would take a belief like, say, “I need his love” and question it. Put it under cross examination, to use someone else’s phrase here. It would be like having a Socratic dialogue with yourself. Is it true that you need his love? Really? Are you breathing right now? Have you eaten since the breakup? Have you kept walking, talking, and being with people? Has the earth continued to spin on its axis? If the answer to all of those questions is YES, then how is it true that you need his love?

Also, I would suggest that maybe part of the reason you feel such pain stems from truly believing that the love of your life can be anyone other than yourself. When you believe that other people hold the keys to your wellbeing, you in effect make yourself a prisoner to that person. And it is an unnecessary imprisonment because if you looked a little further you can glimpse the reality that you are completely accepted, supported and embraced right here, right now, exactly as you are. You can never really lose the true love of your life, but you are certainly free to believe you have. That is the beauty of unconditional love.

Well if we learned anything from Romeo and Juliet it's that you don't do anything rash. Wait it out. Get a tan and hangout with friends. The only way to get over one person is to go get another. Like when a loved family animal dies. You just get a new puppy!

Btw how do you know this is the end? I've seen people break up and get back together lots.

Sometimes you just have to say, what the fudge.
I like certain foods.