Return to Website

dr. robert forum

Welcome to dr. robert forum.

This Forum community is growing fast. Tell your friends.

Search:

Visit "ask dr. robert" to read replies to the latest questions.

Thanks to the help of a very kind Cajun amigo, the Dr. Robert Forum is back, better than ever, at:

www.dr-robert.com/forum.html

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Be well,
RS

robert's Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ex-GirlFriend a Sociopath?

I met this wonderful woman four months ago. I am 50 she is 48. We talked every day and spent on average four evenings per week together. She appeared to be the most remarkable person I had ever met. She was a wonderful dancer, beautiful singer, great musician, great cook and extremely bright. She introduced me to so many things which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I did notice along the way that she did not seem interested in things I enjoyed. The sex was very selfish. I would say 10 minutes every 2 weeks. I am by nature a very energetic person so I convinced myself that her sexual deficiencies were a trade off for an otherwise great relationship. She always seemed to talk at a very high level. We would come out of a Karaoke club at midnight and she would start a bush/obama discussion. I love politics but not when it is Saturday night and I have a nice buzz. She mentioned to me that she was viewed as the black sheep of the family and that her fraternal twin did not care about her. I also noticed alienation between her and her daughter. When I was to meet her daughter for the first time she said "don’t kiss her" before I ever met her. She told my daughter to come up with an alternate plan to get back to her dorm room because boys have only one thing on there minds. She told me how she never had anyone to do things with till she met me. She seemed to only have 2 friends who lived 30 miles away. I could not understand it because she seemed so delightful.

We went on a trip to Boston in April and had a great time although she planned all the activiites. We had a trip planned to Canada for Memorial Day weekend. The day before the trip she invites to her house for dinner and tells me that she is going on the trip but I am not because her daughter is now going. She also asked me to leave so she could pack after 45 mins.

I lost my job 2 weeks before that. I had a great job for eleven years and was fired without a severance package and given no reason. She snapped at me for my choice of lawyers and seemed angry that I chose a friends lawyer to handle my labor dispute and I gave him a retainer. While at her house I did not say anything or do anything bad. When she told me to leave I practically ran out of the house. She ran after me saying things like "please come by and water my plants this weekend and give me a call this weekend". I was disappointed that I kept saying "sure no problem - see ya" over and over again. Then I drove off. Normally I would kiss her when I left. I waited two days to call her because I was so upset. She had the phone turned off for 2 days. ON Memorial Day she turned on the phone but did not answer the cell or home phone. The next day I decided I have to find out what is going on. I went to her house and waited outside for her. She came down the street in her car, saw me and then took off to the police station. Next thing I knew she calls from the police station and tells me never to set foot on her property again. I did not feel I had done anything wrong as she never told me that we were broken up. I asked her what was wrong and she said "none of your business". We were together four months (four evenings per week) and it is not my business? I have never gotten an explanation from her. I tried to call her and she said "I have had it with you" and she hung up.

She is on match.com everyday so I know that there was not another man in the picture

Did she break-up with because she thought I was going to? Did she fear that she was incapable of returning my love? After Four months together I recieved no explanation

Thoughts? I am so confused

Re: Ex-GirlFriend a Sociopath?

Wow, that's very confusing and weird. I definitely don't see sociopathy there. She seems neurotic, maybe bpd. I'd stay away from her. It just doesn't seem like it'll end up a functional relationship. The fact that she has almost no friends is indicative of that.

Re: Ex-GirlFriend a Sociopath?

you wrote: "We went on a trip to Boston in April and had a great time although she planned all the activiites. We had a trip planned to Canada for Memorial Day weekend. The day before the trip she invites to her house for dinner and tells me that she is going on the trip but I am not because her daughter is now going. She also asked me to leave so she could pack after 45 mins."

If anyone did that to me I would be out of their life without fanfare. How sad that you're still giving her power and wasting your time by trying to analyze her. Whether she's a sociopath or not is irrelevant. The bottom line is this: all she has for you is pain.