Train City - Choochooauctions Message Forums​​​​​​​

Technical Issues
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Shipping and Handling rates!

Hey guys and gals I have some news on shipping and handling.

We have tried our best to hold what we charge for shipping and handling, but unfortunately we are forced to raise rates as of May 7, 2013.

We don’t try to make money on shipping and handling. Several years ago we actually did have a little surplus in this account. Last year however we were over $17,000.00 in the hole which is not acceptable. Fedex and the USPS keep raising their rates and to tell you the truth I’m not sure when we last raised our rates.

Shipping and handling charges in the continental US are 7%, with a minimum of $11.50, and a maximum of $26.00 per non-oversized/overweight package. Oversized/overweight packages will receive a surcharge. Non-continental U. S. and Canada are charged actual postage plus a 25% (on postage) handling fee. Other countries are charged for shipping using credit card after shipment for the exact amount of shipping plus a 25% handling fee. Other Countries please specify Air or Surface shipping. Of course surface is much slower than air, but air is much more expensive especially for heavier items. We will combine shipping payment as long as payment is received within 7 days of invoice for auctions. Otherwise there will be a $5.00 holding charge and although the physical shipment may be combined, you will be charged full amount of shipping and handling for multiple invoices. Please note we can only combine payments when we are able to physically combine the shipment safely. We cannot guarantee combining more than 5 items but we will try.

This information is provided in all of our (traincity) auctions on this site. Just click on the Important Auction Ending Information....... Link which appears in everyone of our (traincity) auctions on this site just under ‘Details’.

Most people pay in a timely manner and we appreciate that. However there are some who don’t. Please note that there will be a $5.00 charge of auctions you will be charged full amount of shipping on all invoices even if we combine them physically. In each and every auction on choochoo we state that payment is required within 7 days, thus we will be enforcing this. No favors. Please just pay on time and this will not affect you.

I hope you understand that this is a necessary evil. If I had my way we wouldn’t charge anything for shipping, but with the nature of auctions unfortunately that is impossible.

Besides, you are getting some great deals on this site and we hope to continue to be able to offer them to you for many years into the future.

Thanks so much for your business.

Sincerely,

Charles Siegel

Re: New Shipping and Handling rates!

I can understand the new shipping rates as I just shipped an item and bit the bullet for close to $3.50 on shipping.

Also do you have new people in the office??

Re: New Shipping and Handling rates!

Hi Lee... Yes Gail is relatively new, but has nothing to do with the deposit problem we spoke about earlier. She is doing a fantastic job!

Take care,

Charles Siegel