Welcome to our Message Board!

"THE TOUGHEST SERIES OF YOUNG BIRD COMPETITION. A 100 MILE RACE ON MONDAY

A 200 MILE ON WEDNESDAY AND A 300 MILE "CLASSIC" ON SUNDAY"

Triple Crown Classic
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
W/E 3-27-16 REPORT

MARCH 27, SUN - THE 2ND GROUP OF BIRDS WERE OUT FRIDAY WITH ALL TAKING A BATH AND ENJOYING THE AFTERNOON PLAYING AROUND.

"HAWK STORY" - WHILE THE BIRDS WERE OUT A COOPER HIT ONE AND KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE SKY. TURNS OUT IT WAS A TWO YR OLD BIRD (DRL 3) THAT HAD RETURNED FROM THE 2014 TRIPLE CROWN RACES. NORMALLY I GIVE THESE BIRDS TO NEW MEMBERS STARTING OUT IN THE CLUB THAT NEEDS SOME BREEDERS. THIS PARTICULAR BIRD IS A VERY LUCKY PIGEON. HE RETURNED AROUND THE MIDDLE OF JANUARY AND WAS ALSO MISSING 1/2 TAIL WITH SLIGHT WOUND ON HIS BACK. I DECIDED TO SHIP THIS BIRD ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHERS TO THE "NORTHWEST JUNIOR FLYERS" CLUB IN CHESTERFIELD,MA (C/O TIM TESSIER) FOR THEIR YOUTH PROGRAM AUCTION HELD ON APRIL 2ND.
SOMEHOW I LOADED A 8 BIRD BOX THIS PAST TUES (APR 22ND) AND THIS BIRD WAS OVERLOOKED BEING IN THE LOFT, AS A TRAINER, WITH THIS YEARS TRIPLE CROWN BIRDS. AS IT TURNED OUT, WILL FONTE FROM "DESERT ROSE LOFT" FROM LAS VEGAS, BROUGHT SOME OF HIS ENTRIES FOR THIS YRS RACE SO I WAS ABLE TO GIVE HIM HIS BIRD BACK, AFTER TWO YEARS.
AFTER ALL THIS BIRD SURVIVED, HE HAS TO BE A GOOD BREEDER. I HOPE WILL, WILL GIVE "DRL 3" "MR LUCKY" A CHANCE.;.STAY TUNED.

TILL NEXT SUNDAY,,TAKE CARE, RON. 619-398-5196