Return to Website

Greater Things Discussion Board

Comments welcome relevant to the website www.greaterthings.com

For the establishment of the kingdom of God on earth, both pertaining to the gospel and the government of God; for freedom, for scholarship, for truth, for honesty.

Forum: Greater Things Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
God's Strange Act

God's Strange Act: The Destiny of Ephraim and the Restoration of the House of Israel

For more than a year, I was working on a book that the Holy Spirit moved upon me to write regarding the Kingdom Age we are now entering into - which will culminate in the gathering of the tribes and the establishment of Zion. Then Early Friday morning, March 14, 2008, I had a vivid dream. In the dream I was at a family gathering. There was some kind of sporting event being broadcast on the television, and the game score was being shown. Above the score, there was a graphic depicting a holiday scene of a sleepy little suburban neighborhood at Christmas time. It looked like a scene from a postcard. The homes had snow capped roofs. Above the houses appeared words hovering along the rooftops, which formed a message reading from left to right. The message began by addressing me by name and went on to read, "This is the Lord your God." At this point, looking around at the rest of the family, I realized this wasn't really being broadcast on television. I was the only one who could see it. It went on to say: "Tell my people that the blessings of Joseph are about to be made manifest before the eyes of the entire world."

The dream took place at a family gathering symbolizing Zion and the gathering of the tribes. The sporting event symbolized the struggle between good and evil. The score symbolized God telling me what the score was in this struggle-where we are at. The words appearing over a Christmas scene was revealing the timing of this declaration to be made...the timing of the book's completion.

"Douglas, this is the Lord your God. Tell my people that the blessings of Joseph are about to be made manifest before the eyes of the entire world."

What I realized is that this book is that message the Lord has given me to declare to you. This book is the revealing of what God is now doing, and is about to do... that we may be prepared for it, and be able to participate, even assist Him, and so that we aren't found unknowingly fighting against the coming move of God.

My prayer for you and me, and our families, is that we get ready for this outpouring-that we might be found worthy to be numbered among the seed of Joseph. Many worry about, or become entangled in discussions about, how to proceed as a people. Every time I have gone to the Lord with concerns about the Church, the voice of the Spirit has answered: "If you want to change the Church, change yourself." One man changed the world. His name was Jesus Christ, and He has called us to do the works that He did, and greater! If one man can change the world, imagine what an army transformed by the power of God could do!

Announcing a new book:

God's Strange Act: The Destiny of Ephraim and the Restoration of the House of Israel
Available for purchase or download here:
http://www.lulu.com/content/2547791

From the back cover of the book:

The crumbling of Church Institutions can be devastating, especially if we fail to discern that it is the end of the Church Age and the beginning of the Kingdom Age. The previous age represents the failed efforts of man-manifested in an array of divisive factions. Yet, this was predicted: "For it shall come to pass in that day, that the churches which are built up, and not unto the Lord, ... shall say unto the other, Behold, I, I am the Lord's; and the other shall say, I, I am the Lord's. And thus shall every one say, that hath built up churches, and not unto the Lord; And they shall contend one with another; and their priests shall contend one with another;" -2 Nephi 12:3-5. As the traditional view of the Church gives way to the "bigger picture," we discover the importance of Israel and the "lost tribes." In order for us to flourish in the coming move of God, we must obtain a new Kingdom focus and identify those traditions of man which are not in harmony with it. Many denominations have and will be humbled. We must get past our denominational disappointments and realize the truth that our only hope is-and ever shall be-in Jesus and His coming Kingdom. Instead of working for the expansion of a denomination, let us give way to a new and greater purpose. Our common goal will be the establishment of Zion-that place where it will be "done on earth as it is done in Heaven." In the restoration of all things, spoken of by the prophets of old, God will bring about the restoration of the house of Israel, gather the tribes to one place, and set up an ensign for the world to see. This event is known by a number of names, including: the great and marvelous work, the work of the Father, and God's strange act. This is a mystery that has been hidden from the world, and its time is nearly upon us.

Book description on the Publishing Site:

When we use the word Israel it is important to understand the word. Israel has become synonymous with the modern Jewish state, which came into being in 1948. But it was almost named New Judea, not Isr

Re: God's Strange Act - by Frank Lee - Dec 12, 2008 2:44pm
Re: Re: God's Strange Act - by Douglas Hatten - Dec 12, 2008 4:22pm
Re: Re: Re: God's Strange Act - by Frank Lee - Dec 16, 2008 3:44pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: God's Strange Act - by Doug Hatten - Dec 17, 2008 5:58am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: God's Strange Act - by Doug Hatten - Dec 17, 2008 6:28am
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com