This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Email Form in Expression Web 4

I have been successfully using Email Forms (free) for some time from a Frontpage based website - see website link. I recently began converting the site over to MS Expression Web 4 and have been unable to get the Email form to work. The site unfortunately is not published yet. The form displays correctly in Browser Preview from within Expression. However when the fields are entered and the submit button is pressed the screen resets (clears) and does not process the email. Any help would be appreciated.

Browser: IE8

Re: Email Form in Expression Web 4

Are you sure that Expression can process code in that way? It may be that it doesn't work in Preview but does work when published.

Another advantage to publishing is that you can view the source to see whether Expression has added anything that is messing around with the Email Form.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.*

Yes it should work in preview - same as frontpage. However I published the one page with the e-mail form and received the same results - screen blinks and blanks out fields.

I am building the pages using a Dynamic Web Template (.dwt). As a test I built a page without the template and it works just fine in preview as well as after being published. It appears that the .dwt is the culprit. At least I now have a work around. If anyone has info on why the .dwt would have an impact it would be appreciated

Browser: IE8

looks to me like dwt's are not a good thing to have

I would stick with a normal page because dwt's to me look tricky and may not be able to be used with what you want.