This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Password Protection HTMLs not working PLEASE HELP!

I have my html codes entered exactly as it says to do so on the site, and yet nothing is loading correctly.

www.columbusmusiclessonscollective.com/my_account.html
The login form appears on this page but nothing happens when I try to click login. This is the error my browser displays once investigated.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SearchToolbar 1.1; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 17:26:08 UTC

Line: 418
Char: 6
Code: 0
URI: http://www.columbusmusiclessonscollective.com/my_account.html

Also, whenever I try to visit the page to see if the access restriction has worked, nothing comes up and I basically get the same error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SearchToolbar 1.1; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 17:30:38 UTC

Line: 418
Char: 6
Code: 0
URI: http://www.columbusmusiclessonscollective.com/kanad_sengupta.html

Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong

Browser: IE

Re: Password Protection HTMLs not working PLEASE HELP!

Well, when I try to go there, I get a message telling me I have the wrong username and password. Exactly what should happen. So I suspect the problem may be on the target page. Check any scripts there for the variable JSON - if you find it, remove that script.

Re: Password Protection HTMLs not working PLEASE HELP!

I had this problem when doing some cross-browser testing. Some older browsers don't have JSON implemented natively. I can't find where I originally got the file, but this script will add in the functionality in browsers where it doesn't already exist. All you need to do is save the file to your site and load it into any page that requires JSON.

Hope this helps
-Scut

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.*