This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
nead help with something to me it doesn't make sense

I doubt my question is going to get answered since this website is a gost town but i have been working on this project for a while now using localhost php mysql css html ajax and javascript and i got it to work and it does because iv tested it in 3 different broswers except it doesn't work in internet explorer because internet explorer sucks but it works in firefox and googlechrome but my question is when i uploaded it to www.000webhost.com it stoped working it is realy strange this is the code my code
and this is the link to the website the-fight.comuf.com

can anyone please tell me why its not working?

Browser: IE 8

Re: nead help with something to me it doesn't make sense

You will have to wait a while. Your link now takes us to a page that says:

You are seeing this page because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content. This redirect page will be removed once we finish manually checking all files on this account. Since we check over 100 websites per day, it can take about 2-4 hours to complete. If you are the owner of this website, you will get an email confirmation once it's done. If you are a visitor, please come back later.

www.000webhost.com is the most popular free web hosting provider, and as such, suffers from abusers. Around 5% of users sign up here just to start hacking or phishing websites or causing other problems. So, in order to survive, we must monitor what our users are hosting.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but checking all content manually is the only way to provide you with the most secure and reliable service. If you find any illegal websites on our network, you can report it here.

the check is over now you can see it

Seems to work, yes. Says
Sorry, not logged in please Login

its free to make an account just click the link then click register then when you log in you will see the problem

Takes me to
http://error404.000webhost.com/ after login.

clear your browser cach or how ever you say t and try again because i know that part works

I think I see the problem. If you get Firebug extension for firefox it really helps debug ajax because it lets you see the requests and responses.

Anyway, looking at the response of an action I'm guessing the response is supposed to be "div-30", but 000 web host adds analytics code to the bottom of ever page request, so the response isn't what your script thinks it is (it has a script tag appended to it).

If you want to stick with 000 web host then you can add a delimiter to the end of your output string so you can cut off the rest of it.

Something like "div-30###" would allow you to find the position of "###" and remove everything from there.

You'll need to be careful, however, that your delimiter will never appear in the useful output, otherwise some useful output will be removed.

Hope this helps
-Scut

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.*

so you can actualy see the players? because that is my problem the players and trees arn't showing up and also the movement doesn't work in internet explorer because internet explorer sucks

No, all I see is the green squares. How are the players and trees being rendered? if it's by ajax, then this solution will work for that as well.

As far as the code goes...

1) You need to call the netmap file before setting up the init() function.

2) It may be an advantage to create a function that can execute the ajax request, passing in a url and a callback function. This means you don't need to set it up in every function in the file.

3) Look into event listeners. IE uses them differently from other browsers (IE uses "attach event" rather than "add event" but I use a wrapper function that deals with this.

If you want some example code, there's some useful functions in my common.js file and xmlhttp.js file. Anything that isn't mine is commented to say so.

Hopefully using standard input buttons and adding an event to them will help solve your problem in IE.

-Scut

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.*

Cache? Shouldn't be a problem on a page I've never been to. But I see it works in browsers that between them are used by more than 90% of us, so never mind.