This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
unwnated style changes

I've had my site for a few years now and this is the first time I have had BIG trouble posting a new page.
I usually open a new file in visual editor and copy paste from a Word .doc or I upload a Word.htm file then check it out and link it on my site - and the pages go up as I created them on Word. (It's a fiction site).
Today I couldn't get a new file open in the visual editor so I uploaded the .htm copy through my applet.
Looked good so I saved and BLAM when it reappeared all the punctuation had been transformed to things like this a€#....!

Everything I post on this site is in English....so why is this suddenly happening and what do I do. I haven't changed my browser or my IP for years so it can't be coming from my end.

Browser: Firefox

Re: unwnated style changes

There are two different versions of both single and double quotes (and of dashes). When switching between a word processor and html (or a DTP package) the system sometimes gets confused over which one you want (one version the quotes are vertical and in the other they curve towards what is being quoted). Just go back and edit the underlying html file in a text editor.

This is a Word issue not a Bravenet one. As a magazine editor I get exactly the same problem pasting copy into my DTP software.