This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Disable copy/paste

What is the best way to keep people from copying text, photos, and videos from my Web site?

Browser: Firefox and Safari

Re: Disable copy/paste

There is no way to prevent that. You may possibly make someone who knows nothing about the internet and who isn't really interested enough in your content to think for a couple of minutes believe that it is possible. But our computers only display what they have already copied.

The best way is simply to write on your site: "Please don't copy this, because.....".

Any stupid javascript tricks are likely to be counterproductive.

I thought there were codes we could use. I did try a couple of javascripts, to no avail, and just hoped someone might have one that actually works.

Browser: Firefox and Safari

The web works by downloading everything to the visitor's PC before their browser can display it. Once that is done the visitor has your pictures and trying to inhibit clicks cannot change that.

yeah you can put no right click coding on your site but it won't deter people from taking your images or such.

Put something on your images to show they are yours or something.

But as said you can save the page to your computer and then have the pictures/files etc on your computer and well....