This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Case Sensitive URL's

There are some new updates in the Bravehost server and it is driving me nuts!

All of a sudden my page url's are case sensitive.

I have websites with "page not found". I'm having to go back through all my website and make sure the web addresses in linked pages are the same case as the actual htm & html file.

Is there a bit of code I can use on sites so the browser can open it in caps or lower case?

Browser: explorer

Re: Case Sensitive URL's

No their is no code

With the upgrade bravenet did they did away with it automatically correcting your link mistakes or things

Unless you have an htaccess file as paying customers can use that and set it to enable probably to correct mistakes

But other than that just have to correct your spelling/case sensitive errors with your files/links etc

OK, well I am a paying customer. Now to figure out how to edit the htaccess file.

One of the additional frustrations... I use and outlook email program and when I copy/paste a web address it will auto-correct the .HTML to all caps. The browser will not open the page that way...

thank you for your input. I wonder why bravehost removed this service???

Browser: explorer

No reason given but the software is specific to one operating system. Maybe they want to make their set up follow standards so that they aren't restricted on what hardware and software they use.