This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My forum went down today??????

I'm really MAD that I didn't get a specific date this 'update' was going to happen... email notice last week was NOT enough time.... now I get this 404 not found page... are my files gone? what am I supposed to do now? Start over?

Browser: Firefox

Re: My forum went down today??????

are my files gone?

Well its your account, log in and see.

If you are referring to the update mentioned on the main help page then its just a matter of correcting the spelling mistakes in your site links

Browser: Firefox3.0.5

It was posted on June 17th that changes were coming and of course too be alert to your Newsletters from bravenet as they post their updates are coming

So it gives you time to prepare

You may have an error with your page and it just need a spelling check change for link or something with forum itself look into where your forum is or OPEN A SUPPORT TICKET

This is what bravenet said in a post at the Web Hosting forum

Apparently may not have read it yet

Hi, everyone

Over the next few weeks we will be doing some significant upgrades to our hosting infrastructure. Most of the changes will be seamless and shouldn't affect your site, however in some cases some users may have to update their sites or adjust their settings. To prepare for the upgrade, we would like to recommend that you:
- Upgrade any PHP packages that you are running on your site to the latest version
- Make sure that everything you're running is compatible with PHP 5.2.13
- If you make use of your access logs (in the /logs/ directory of your FTP account), make sure you have "Enable Statistics" turned on for your site

Please contact support if you encounter any problems.

The changes we are making will allow us to add some exciting new features in the future. Keep an eye on our members update newsletter for more news!

Thanks Jack... since our 'programmer' is long gone, our forum is phpBB2... how exactly do I upgrade that? Are there instructions somewhere? Can a non-computer literate do it?

Browser: FireFox on a MAC

Contact the supplier of your forum code.

Browser: Firefox3.0.5

You forum is fine. From the looks of it you have a typo in your URL.

It is phpBB2 not pbpBB2

http://palmettojeepclub.org/forum/phpBB2/index.php

Well looks like Courtnie caught the problem.

I use these type forums but didn't catch the spelling mistake with the link

Also need to keep up with things with your site now as you are main one in control if your person designing your site left.

That is one thing don't like is having someone else do your site as you are stuck when they leave and if you have no clue.