This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pop Up messes up page

Hi. When you go onto my website, www.xradio.bravehost.com, and the little pop up that glides up from the bottom of the page comes up, my whole HTML page gets all weird. The pop up makes the page start like, half way down the page. Can anyone help?

Browser: IE 8

Re: Pop Up messes up page

I think Bravenet is trying to drive all of the free site users away. First they lower the storage space to 5 MBytes, then this ad. I'm not sure why they expect users to stay and upgrade, if they generate ads that take up 50 percent of your initial page.

However, if you used Firefox with AdBlock Plus installed, you would see that some of the ads at the top, and the ad at the bottom of the page, do not display. Simple ads get throuch but the fancier the ad, the better it does.

Beyond that, other than moving to a different host or upgrading to paid hosting, there isn't much you can do about the ads.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

I just saw the normal banner ad, but then I do have Firefox set to block pop-ups.

Hosting isn't expensive, if you have a decent amount of traffic you should be able to put your own ads on to fund it and maybe make a profit. Some Amazon links to the music that you are playing can make a bit of money as well.

Browser: Firefox3.0.5

I think it has something to do with something conflicting in my CSS style. It works on www.xradio.bravehost.com/player which uses a different CSS. Can anyone check it out for me?

I tested the home page in FireFox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, and IE8. Only IE had a problem. Maybe something in the ad markup? Try testing it with the w3c html and css validators and see if anything is flagged up.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.*