This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
index html

your main page, or home page, must be named 'index.html' this is what it says,. i cant get on my web page and i cant figure it out. can someone give me a clue?

Re: index html

It does not "have" to be named that. The only reason you should name it that is because almost all internet browsers will automatically ID that page and use it as your default when someone enters your address to visit your site.

Now your problem I'm not quite shure if I understand, but are you shure that your website is actually published?

well since you gave no link we can't tell your problem

but probably you DO NOT have your index.html page in your root directory to be recognized

or you are over your space limit of 5mb if you are using free hosting/free subdomain

BUt you do have to name your main page index.htm or index.html to be recognized

otherwise it gives a 403 error if you name it something else

Can someone take a look at my website denisedavis.bravehost.com and tell me why when I click on the two links, I get an IE error - cannot display webpage.

I am a newbie at this.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Dee

Browser: IE8

First since you posted in an old thread and this doesn't fully relate to the thread the person started

You should have started YOUR OWN topic

Don't just pop into any old thread to ask your question

If you are talking about the links under your Texas real estate area you have them linked up as if we are downloading a file and that is not what it is supposed to be

It is just supposed to be 2 links we go to

So CORRECT your coding for those 2 links and then they should work unless the websites don't even exist

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for getting me straight on asking a question. In the future, I will be more careful as to how I post my questions.

Thank you for your answer, it is greatly appreciated.

Dee

Browser: IE8